• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SCHNELLBOOT S-100

Fantastic. And extra awesome that you took pics the whole way through. Learned some techniques today and that is most excellent. (y) (y) (y)
James

Abdin, the Flakvierling guns want to go on a jet plane but don't know the address...

Regards,

Hello Abdin, I do not know anything about boats but I do know a truely talented modeller at work when I see one.

This is stunning :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Will watch this closely now!

Randy

What craftsmanship- wow! Abdin, it's great that you've posted this in such detail- I'm inspired!

Cheers-
chuk

Is it just me, or do you get a little increase in your heart rate when you first open a new model box and see a hull THAT SIZE sitting in there?

James, Saul, Terry, Gator, Randy, Chuk, Bod and Frank thanks for your words, sorry it took some time to post again but here IM working on it again
Finally got the time to continue working on the boat, the front gun is finally completed, some of the parts of the linkage where modified in length so I went back in the post and corrected it, the new numbers are in red to make it easy to identify. This is how I think the gun was from the few photos I found….
The outer ring got the rivets detail from Archers set
VydNQYk.jpg

Also the gun basket received rivets from Archer and a styrene door plus some other details
pbBthtQ.jpg

IhrrFBg.jpg

The ring for the gun mount is constructed with a piece of styrene measuring 3.5mm width by 111mm
Long
oRYzVeS.jpg

The mount for the gun is removed from the original part as is the long back cushion, this are then
Glued to the new ring
oRYzVeS.jpg

6HXc2HV.jpg

XcYWIm5.jpg

Two pieces of styrene measuring 3.5mm width by 14mm long are glued to the sides, then the lower
Parts are added, finally 3 triangles that works as reinforcements are glued to each side, this are now
The bases for the lower support tube for the gun frame
S4Tt4jV.jpg

zdc8KZl.jpg

x17QsCh.jpg

yFth5Qm.jpg

2Nz2a75.jpg

This is how it looks finished and in place
seU04ul.jpg

I moved to the gun balance spring, it was made with fine cooper wire and plastic
UxLvJHB.jpg

OX0bSuG.jpg

Here the parts that hold the spring are installed,
bEsZzyz.jpg

Finally the spring is glued in place
yxY5DTT.jpg

pMiACbd.jpg

The square on the bottom of the gun cage is removed and sanded so it has a better fit when glued to the lower frame tube
AFGWXxz.jpg

rq36saB.jpg

The cross member tube was made with .060 tube in the form of a V, it was then glued to the bases on the ring and to the gun cage. This is the only picture I found of this area so what I did is mi guess
Of How it should look
IhcmCFp.jpg

tdt3ahI.jpg

SI3Uzeb.jpg

8OyDoQR.jpg

The last parts are two more tubes that runs from the sides of the cage to the cross tube on the bottom
This are angled so it fits in place, this are also .060 tube
alDMoyp.jpg

FgJUp2P.jpg

The gun sight is glued and the reinforcement L shaped tube is glued to the sight holding arm
pb90rlu.jpg

Here are some views of the finished gun and ring
9GU40zF.jpg

tYhR7aD.jpg

Y2yRepw.jpg

iu0VNc6.jpg

And the whole assembly mounted on the deck
T7BxYEW.jpg

xrcPjFo.jpg

inZuOZ3.jpg

Z2eo8AF.jpg

YYJG1qu.jpg

Well with the front gun modifications finally finished I’m moving to the construction of the boat bridge
With many PH details and scratch work to do. So stay tuned and thanks for watching!

Welcome back!!! And boy do I love your detail work!!! :blink

Terry B)

Saul, not just the store but other hobbys and things to do around the house etc... I hope to have more time now :D

thanks James, you are right, better late than never (y)

Bob scratch is one thing I love to do but some times it takes too much time, but thats part of the effort to do a nice model

old dog, bagge and Andy thanks guys glad you like it :D :Hiay

Terry thanks! is good to be back in bussiness again :ro:

You did a fantastic job so far!!! :ro: Looking forward to paint job B)

All the best!
Dusan.

Back