• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SBD-5

jknaus

Administrator
Here is my entry.

DSC03319.JPG

DSC03320.JPG

DSC03321.JPG

James

Thanks for watching. Not done yet Paul, but it is started. Did some work with a bulkhead, the rudder pedal troughs, and primed the ip. Now to see if I have Zinc Chromate II.
James

We need photos :D :pilot Is that a Vector engine I see in the box also. I snagged one of those for the 1/32 Matchbox SBD I have.

Pictures in the next few days when there is something to look at. Yes, when I got this trade it had a Vector engine, 3 resin bombs, and brass landing gear. I got the Big Ed for it and have some Montex Masks on the way.
James

Wicked cool James...my favorite plane from WWII! Are you doing a Canadian bird? Only reason I ask is that the interior on the USN planes was interior green for the most part...

As far as I know we never used SBD's. This one will be USN tri scheme. Would rather the grey on grey, but that would be the wrong ocean :( .
James

I found my zinc chromate. Need it for some of the components in the pit. Interior green is what most of the pit will be.
James

I found my zinc chromate. Need it for some of the components in the pit. Interior green is what most of the pit will be.
James

Yeah, I've enjoyed mixing it up inside the cockpit. Some Zinc, some IG, I think even lacquered aluminum would be seen inside some.

Well didnt get as much time as I had hoped to model. This is about it so far.

DSC03342.JPG

DSC03341.JPG

DSC03340.JPG

Bad news is I had to order interior green. Good news is I have about 2 to 3 weeks to get the pe in the cockpit before the paint gets here and I can continue on.
JAmes

Before you spend a lot of time on the Vector engine make sure it will fit. Most Vector engines are to scale whereas the kit cowling thickness probably isn't. I haven't use one yet that I didn't need to grind the tops off the cylinders to get it to fit ! Just saying !

Back