• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Roland VIa

Okay, need a couple of touch ups. Doesnt look as bad as the camera portrays. Whatchall think?

stripes1.jpg

stripes2.jpg

James

Outstanding, that's an aggressive scheme there. Reminds me of the Dazzle camo schemes they played with in WWII.

That is simply outstanding, what a great scheme!! I have started on my Roland also....your build made me do it :D :D :D

Tom

The scheme is so aggressive it threw your camera's white balance off! Looks tough, like a convict (prisoners wear stripes in some of the US).

Regards,

I love it myself James. :notworthy :notworthy I can see how the colors & striping could distract and confuse the foe.

Tim

did I read there was some issue with the cowl covers somewhere? leave them open, it'll make Fernao a happy man!
You bet it will! :dude Look at that engine... you can't possibly hide it!
Emoticon_uh-huh.gif

Beautifuly executed masking and painting, James: this will certainly be another outstanding model from the North Pole! :notworthy :D

Cheers and build on! B)
Fernao

James, That's got to be one of the coolest paint jobs I've ever seen on a plane!!! Glad you can't fit the engine panels, that engine looks so good.

Randy

Thanks all. Trying to work up the nerve to do the touch ups. Also trying to find out for sure if the panels and metal fittings where painted the greenish colour or matched the rest of the exterior.
James

The Roland may be going on the back burner for a little while. I just found that Pheon will be making fitted decals for the wing lozenges dependent on the aircraft. As I dont like how mine are turning out I may wait to finish this until the decals are available.
James

Hi James, does Pheon have the fitted lozenge decals in stock? If so I need to order some.

Tom

Not yet. The Albatross will be the first set end March. I have a question in regarding the Roland but have not heard anything yet. Will let you know when I find out.
James

I guess they arent going to let me use the info on our site so here is the link Tom.
http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?s=5eea58d891a7ec33d32f72890938d38d&showtopic=64837

James

Back