• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Roland VIa

James. you started this the same day I went AWOL, I'm following along this great build cuz I've got the Roland staring at me also. Good build so far (y) (y) (y)

Tom

James. you started this the same day I went AWOL, I'm following along this great build cuz I've got the Roland staring at me also. Good build so far (y) (y) (y)

Tom

Just take care of yourself so I can watch your build buddy. Its a fun kit and I'm enjoying myself.
James

Got a little bit more done. Engine just needs a couple of pipes. Most of the detail will be hidden, but I know I did it.
First my keeper. She ensures I stay on the straight and narrow, and keeps my desk warm. :lol:

desk_warmer.jpg

Fuse is buttoned up. Needs to be sanded etc but looking cool.

feb1-3.jpg

feb1-2.jpg

And seeing what she looks like sitting onj bottom wing and 1 gun loosely fitted.

trial2.jpg

trial1.jpg

James

Looking good James. Shame the engine will not be visible. Guess you'll have to take comfort in those beautiful machine guns and the bench warmer. Very life like .

Cheers, Christian B)

Nice work James. Glad it's buttoned up, I think once it's closed up progress really advances.

Well James,
This is going to be a eye-catcher!
Did they already say the machineguns look cool...oh yeah....well they look cool!:laugh:

Greetings,Ron.

Hi James,

Ain't there any way to avoid hiding that motor? It's such a beautiful piece... How did the Albatros look when the ground crew were doing maintainance on it's motor? :hmmm Something like on the pic below maybe... ;)

italeri_17_of_24.jpg

Oh! And those machine guns are amazing: they do look like the real deal! :dude

The quality of the Wingnuts Wings kits parts, both of your Albatros and Moon's Sopwith, is something that has caught my attention since the beginning of both builds : everything really looks the part (no pun intended)! (y)

Cheers and happy modeling! B)
Fernao

Thanks everyone. Well evidently I did not do a good job aligning the engine. It looks square, but I cant put the engine panels on so they will be open. Got some white on. Tomorrow I'll mask and then using Laura's mixture as shown by Moon Puppy in his Sopwith Pup build I'll start painting the black. I still havent decided what colour to paint the wings before covering them in lozenge decals.

white.jpg

James

did I read there was some issue with the cowl covers somewhere? leave them open, it'll make Fernao a happy man!

Back