• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell P-51D-5NA

@Big10 and @Mo_

Would it be possible to provide a clear step by step process of the dry brushing technique? Since it seems to be durable, I would like to try it on my son's Mustang desk display which he will take to college. I'd appreciate it greatly.

Last edited:
@Big10 and @Mo_

Would it be possible to provide a clear step by step process of the dry brushing technique? Since it seems to be durable, I would like to try it on my son's Mustang desk display which he will take to college. I'd appreciate it greatly.
I am going to build another eduard Mustang after this one. I will try to film the process, that will probably show it a lot better.

Beautiful work!

What color did you use on the radiator?
Barney, for the radiator, that was painted black first, then I used some of Mr Hobby Super Metallic2 Super SM201 Super Fine Silver. Then I go over it with dark brown wash.

I use all the Super Metallic2 line paints on my Mustang builds.

Mask off and time for decals.
IMG_20220508_111037882_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20220508_110621767_HDR.jpg

Calling this one done. Overall impression of the Revell Mustang, its a nice kit for the price with excellent detail. I don't think you will ever beat Tamiya's 1/32nd Mustang but man has it gotten pricey. This one will do just nicely and happy I have two
Little Stud Bottom.jpg
Little Stud Top.jpg
Little Stud.jpg
Little Stud1.jpg
Little Stud2.jpg
Little Stud4.jpg
Little Studleft.jpg
Little StudRight.jpg
more in my stash.

Most of the pics were taken outside to really make the NMF shine. The two side profiles were shot inside.

And a Photoshop picture. Just an HDR shot.
Little StudPhotoshop.jpg

And i will add that the canopy is left over from an old Tamiya P-51D kit as I really bugger up the Revell canopy.

Back