• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 1/32 Hurricane Mk IIc

nerdling

So I have been slacking with my building lately. Just can't seem to get motivated so what better way then to build something fairly simple. This is the ancient 1/32 Revell kit. It has a date on it of 1971. So not sure if it is older then that or not. But for how old it is, it looks to be a decent build. I will be building it as a plane from No 73 squadron during the summer of 1942.

IMG_3080-1.jpg

IMG_3081.jpg

IMG_3082.jpg

Not very many pieces in the box. They do make tons of aftermarket resin bits for this kit. I won't be using any as it is hard to pay 40 bucks for aftermarket since I paid 5 bucks for the kit.

Yep figured somebody had to build something to shoot all these targets hehe. Ok little update. Slapped the engine together. Bassically all it does is hole the exhaust and prop. SO I won't be doing any real detail work to it as it won't be seen. I will try and drill out the exhaust though. Also put the cockpit together. It is pretty simple but I plan on putting the pilot in there to help cover that up.

IMG_3088.jpg

IMG_3090.jpg

Without the pilot the seat has a huge gap. I think this kit was designed to use the pilot.

IMG_3089.jpg

IMG_3091.jpg

He isn't a perfect pilot but he will do. I think his uniform is wrong for North Africa but oh well.

Adam is bringing the 20mm Terry :D

I see what you mean with basic Ryan VERY basic. :popcorn

Oh yeah. But hey I paid 5 dollars for it so I won't complain. A company does make a resin cockpit for it but it goes for about 30 bucks. Hard for me to pay 8 times what I paid for the kit lol. I might do another eventually and buy it just for fun

Cockpit is all finished and ready to go into the fuselage

IMG_3095.jpg

IMG_3096.jpg

Not the best figure painter but he will do. The strange line on his face has since been removed.

IMG_3094-1.jpg

The instrument panel leaves a bit to be desired. But will be hardly visible once in place

Ryan like you I really do love planes BUT Armor is just pure fun builds for me. So grab a few "targets"

Pilot and cockpit looks good.

I swear this has to be the worst year for building kits I have ever had. This is my third kit in a row that has suffered some kind of damage that I can't seem to fix. Arrg. I just want a smoot simple build for once. Something that I know I can't screw up. Sorry just going off on a rant lol. Its 100 outside and and I dont do well with heat lol.

You need to do an armor build Ryan. And remember I might just invite you to Africa some summer for some real heat :D

I swear this has to be the worst year for building kits I have ever had. This is my third kit in a row that has suffered some kind of damage that I can't seem to fix. Arrg. I just want a smoot simple build for once. Something that I know I can't screw up. Sorry just going off on a rant lol. Its 100 outside and and I dont do well with heat lol.

I know what you mean...Today is the first day in about two weeks that is supposed to be under 100. Blah...can't stand it, counting the days til fall.

Tom

You need to do an armor build Ryan. And remember I might just invite you to Africa some summer for some real heat :D
I'm thinking of actually starting to build the Dragon Kubelwagen that I have. I also have some Tristar Afrika Korps figures. So maybe I will try my hand at doing a little diorama. Sand can't be any more difficult then the snow I did for that Areosan awhile back lol.

See, that's how it starts...think I'll try a little halftrack...that's how it started with me. :pilot

Back