• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

RENAULT FT-17

DSC04964~0.JPG

Sorry to back track, Sharpie for the black outlines of the camo?

No problem and yes I used a Sharpie.

Ok I've hit the reset button on this project. I intend to take this to Eaglequest the third week of June so time is of the essence. The paint scheme I was attempting was taking too long and was not working the way I wanted so all new paint was in order. Now it will have a two color camo representing a tank from an American tank battlion so bare with me as the FT is reworked. The following pictures kinda show the different stages of painting. The colors are olive green and dark yellow.

DSC05005~0.JPG

DSC05006.JPG

DSC05007~0.JPG

DSC05008~0.JPG

DSC05009.JPG

DSC05010~0.JPG

B)

What was wrong with what you had, I liked that. :popcorn

You know the saying "The more you stir the pot the more it stinks" well you get the picture. It was taking too long to do I didn't like the look of it. Making more mess ups then I like.

B)

Looking really sharp Terry. When you do your wash are you spraying it on or using a big brush. Are you wiping it down after or just leaving it to dry?
James

Looking really sharp Terry. When you do your wash are you spraying it on or using a big brush. Are you wiping it down after or just leaving it to dry?
James

I apply it with a brush. If the wash looks too thick or just too much then yes I will wipe it down a little. The first wash is really a filter then the details are done with pin washes. In this case the first wash was a mixture of olive green and raw umber oil paint. The pin wash is umber.

B)

James

I apply it with a brush. If the wash looks too thick or just too much then yes I will wipe it down a little. The first wash is really a filter then the details are done with pin washes. In this case the first wash was a mixture of olive green and raw umber oil paint. The pin wash is umber.

B)

Thanks Terry - I was going to ask the same question.

I'm with Bob - loved the look of the first camo, but I understand how we get to where you are here. Still, fantastic looking build!

Thanks guys! Did some more work this weekend. It's getting there.....I think.

DSC05011.JPG

DSC05012.JPG

DSC05013.JPG

DSC05014.JPG

DSC05015~0.JPG

DSC05016~0.JPG

DSC05018~0.JPG

DSC05019~0.JPG

There are still places that need touching up and much detail work left to do, but I'm satisfied with the camo pattern.

More to come.

B)

Back