• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Renault Ft, 1/16 scale.

Excellent job on the interior Tim.
3D-Thumbs up Lg.gif

This thing continues to fight me every step of the way. After struggling to get the hull top fitted, it was time to work on the doors for the engine and driver compartments. It became apparent that these doors were tooled to fit better closed. Lots of work to get them to display open! Which included reworking the hinges and filling and sanding huge and deep injector marks. I think I have them pretty good and tight
20240615_154845.jpg
20240615_155118.jpg
now. They're not glued on yet, of course.

Evidently the hinged panels aren't operable. Bummer. Everything else looks as we have come to expect one of your model to look. :good:
They are not. What was there, as far as the hinge barrels, were terribly tooled for the covers to be open. You're on to something with the doors,... is that the proper name for the covers? ...🤔, being operable though, Rhino. I had thought about drilling out the hinges for pins. At this scale, it's completely doable. Problem is the hinges are molded on and there's not enough room to get a straight drilling through the hinge barrels. With some grinding, sanding, and adding styrene, I feel lucky that I got the hinge barrels to look believable.
If it seems like I'm a whiner with this kit right now, well tighten the belts cause I'm just getting started!

There are some kits that are a breeze to build, some that take a little skill to build, and finally there are the ones that require a master sorcerer in the art of styrene to accomplish the desired result.
We know you are the sorcerer type Tim, so do your magic.
3D-Looks Good.gif

Take a Model Mojo break! Put a Tamiya 1/35 M-41 Walker Bulldog together and drive it around, UM!! Admire it from every angle! That's what I meant! Grown-ups don't play Army with model tanks. :coolio2:
Do they? :stinker:

Well this “little” tank is coming out great, too bad it’s a fighter. I agree with others here that taking a short break. Maybe try your hand at one of them old sailing ships I hear they are relaxing. :blink

Turning my attention to the tail skid. The blue circled parts in the pic are cast tubes that are supposed to be bolted to the hull.
Takom molded them onto the skid frame. On the real tank the skid was held on by steel rods, one on top and one on bottom. The top rod was larger and was removed to drop the skid to start the engine with the crank. I might display the model with the skid dropped so I had to re-work the whole assembly. The brass rods I'm using are temporary.
20240617_203726.jpg
20240619_191406.jpg
20240619_191305.jpg

Back