• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Renault Ft, 1/16 scale.

Spent the day shaving off the all of the molded on water can details, such as the handle, filler cap and leather strap. It was terrible looking. I made the new handle and strap from paper, and turned the cap on the mini lathe. It's an improvement I think. Reference photos show some of these cans made from brass while others from copper.
Also got the angled hull parts on that have the view slits for the driver. They proved to be a real pain. Sure glad I chose to get them on before the hull sides were glued up.
1000007595.jpg
1000007593.jpg
1000007589.jpg
Still have to make the leather tool straps for the brackets in the driver's compartment, as well as the driver back rest.
1000007602.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man, so much to see, check out the scrap mark around the circular thing and handle. Nice touch Tim!! :soldier

Oh man, so much to see, check out the scrap mark around the circular thing and handle. Nice touch Tim!! :soldier
That round thing is the parking brake lever. It will have a rod running from it to behind the brake pedal.
I may be overdoing the paint wear, since this tank would've only been in service for a year or two. I'm enjoying beating it up a bit though.

Na I can see it, some guy got gloves on engaging the break rubbing the side wall. I say it's well done!

Yeah, remember it is 1918. They did not have all that good of a paint back then. Only time it would have looked somewhat new would have been at the factory, and I doubt it would have really faired all that well there.

I have a photo taking from the conning tower of the USS Reagan during sea trails, the first landing on the flight deck. What got me, rust on the rails. Brand new ship and it's rusting already?

Hell my brand new pickup had a scratch on it!!

Back