• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Recoverd Stug IV

wiewiorka

This is what I've been working on lately .

After looking at war relics being dug up and armour being pulled out of lakes and swamps , gave me an idea on building my old Italeri Stug IV , and have it getting dragged out of a swamp / river

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtJkyd3JJWE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFhhheOZxYI&feature=relatedSee

I used some pins to poke through the hull to hold the tracks for the sag, then snipped off the ends

dsc_0341.jpg

dsc_0342.jpg

dsc_0343.jpg

dsc_0344.jpg

mixed up some plaster for the base , and two figures I modified ,
The one pointing is holding a hose from a water tanker

dsc_0345.jpg

dsc_0346.jpg

the soil colour done ,

dsc_0347.jpg

more painting done , the hi-viz vest was made from masking tape ,

dsc_0351.jpg

dsc_0355.jpg

dsc_0354.jpg

Where I'm at now ...Paint for the Stug finished , now got to make the next layer of mud to go in the running gear and in front of the Stug , and get sorted with the water

dsc_0359.jpg

Looking great ! Now bring on the mud !

Only one thing I noticed , if the track was broken , wouldn't it still be in the mud ?

Jenny :kiss:

If knocked out in winter on frozen ground and not moved , during the spring thaw
I think it would just slowly sink in place .
getting pulled out even with a track is broken , it wont come off unless the drive sprocket is free to turn and if the transmission is seized and wont allow the sprocket to turn , the track will just get dragged along with it

Got all the mud colours done .
Need to mix up a little bit more and plop it through the drivers hatch , dirty the figures a little bit more ,then start working on the the murky water

dsc_0368.jpg

dsc_0367.jpg

dsc_0366.jpg

dsc_0365.jpg

dsc_0364.jpg

dsc_0362.jpg

dsc_0360.jpg

Amazing work here. You are capturing the scene spot on. Bravo! I like what I see. The thick mud is very realistic.

Very nice. Looks great with all the muck on it.

I had started a similar project with a Jagdpanther, but the resin Zimm I have does not fit on the kit, so I need to find the right kit for the zimm.

Looking forward to the finished pics, and will use your build as a reference when I start back up on mine.

Cheers
Rob
www.scratchmod.com

The Woodland scenics Water effects was a nightmare to deal with , so ended up with really watery mud , rather than murky water.

After they initially got the Stug up onto the bank , it's now time to get it onto dryer ground .. so start pulling!

dsc_0391.jpg

dsc_0392.jpg

dsc_0390.jpg

dsc_0389.jpg

dsc_0388.jpg

dsc_0385.jpg

dsc_0387.jpg

dsc_0386.jpg

Looks great!
I think the muddy water is awesome.
I'd love to see the inside of one of those old mud dwellers.
Peace and Love,
Randy

Back