• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Rat Raiders

Am I the only one who notice Andy using bar terms for applying this stuff? "went on neat"?

Looking good Andy.

To Tom :drinks

To Tom !! :drinks hic !

What what bar terms thats proper English language that is,...oh I see what you mean !! ;)

Boo Boo # 1

I was searching for my mini gun box ( an assortment of UK US and German guns ) and was looking for some Brit guns I knew I had a few brens etc

So couldn't find it and was sitting there scratching head when

bingo by jove !!!

I know where that box is,..

its at my Mums in London

D~OH !!!!!!!!!!!!

:vmad

This means i have only American Tommy ( UK used them too and a 30 Cal )

Do you think i can get away with just using those or do i have to bother my old dear ?

The Road To El Alamein seems to be full of potholes the further we go along. I'd admit I would not have noticed the switch, but that box might come in handy one of these days. Can it get here in just over 3 weeks?

Whatever you decide will turn out well, just watch out for the gremlins! (y) :drinks

good progress (late as always!) :popcorn

the box left behind enemy lines would be a good excuse for a travel to london town, wouldn't it? :D

To bad about the brittish guns! only thing when you use american thompsons is that the brittish had another front grip (more like the Al Capone version) :)
Here is a link to a pic that show some Aussies with a thompson gun
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b8/9_Div_Tobruk%28AWM_020779%29.jpg

Keep up the good work!! (y) (y)
//Mats

You could use the 'normal' Thompson,Andy...
http://lrdg.hegewisch.net/rifles.html [scroll down]

Quote from the link:The Tommy Guns also found their way into the LRDG. The version shown here is the M1928 with vertical front grip and the drum magazine. This model could also use a 20 round and later 30 box magazine*. The vertical grip was later replaced with the straight horizontal grip. The later M1 Thompson had a permanent stock, was full automatic only, and used a the simple blowback method for fire. The early M1928 shoulder stock could be removed. Both version were used by the LRDG.[unquote]

...just to confuse you a bit more. :D

Greetings,Ron.

Oh well I am just going to have to use what I got as me Mum is going on holiday and will not be able to send em til she gets back :huh:

on wards and upwards :ro:

Re: Rat Raiders picture update

At last i have a working camera,..its only the photographer that is useless anyway

Heres a belated update of progress so far,....

I wanted the model to look lived in utilized and very busy and I think Im getting there,..plus it gave me an opportunity to use up some spares and stuff that had been sitting quietly in a bag for years and I mean years

Plus i do enjoy making tarps with my green stuff :D

Enjoy :)

IMG_0845.JPG

IMG_0846.JPG

IMG_0847.JPG

IMG_0848.JPG

IMG_0849.JPG

IMG_0850.JPG

James and Dave,

Cheers men :D

theres lots of scope for the paintwork and i intend every jerrycan gets a different shade to make it visually interesting

and of course

plenty of chipping is required (y)

Wow Andy, that looks awesome !

Please show us how you gonna do the painting and the figures !

Watching :popcorn

Willem

Back