• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Rat Raiders

AndyFettes

Master at Arms
Hi all

Heres my Tamiya jeep that I will be converting to an LRDG vehicle which will be lightly armed but may have more explosives than guns

why am I converting one when there are plenty of proper kits ?
Reason 1 it was a cheap find at my LHS
Reason 2 its fun to do that stuff :)

Enough with the hot air heres the start up pics

IMG_0829.JPG

IMG_0831.JPG

IMG_0830.JPG

Did a decent bit of work before i actually went off to work today and made a homemade condensation catcher for the front and cut up the grill pics to follow :)

Update number 1

whoosing on with this build ( when time allows )

The condenser was built using plastic tube and metal foil and the undercarriage was a simple slap together and as you can see Ive started with my Vallejo sandy paste adding texture to the underneath plus hiding numerous sink holes, I have not finished that as yet.

Great little tamiya kit and i am thoroughly enjoying this biuld

Pictures please !!

IMG_0842.JPG

IMG_0844.JPG

IMG_0843.JPG

IMG_0841.JPG

IMG_0840.JPG

Hey thanks for the tip with the sandy mix. Just went and stole some from a friend. Any tips if it needs watering down for 1/35. I want it to be just very lightly on the bottom of my SAS jeep. Also need to know with what you aplied yours.

Hi Dave,

I stuck mine on neat and just kept dabbing at it,... but its very soluble in water so for a thin going over just add a drop of paste and a very small drop of water to a palette and then mix it up until you find your desired consistancy

I used an old knackered brush and dab dab dab,..you get a good effect with that stuff I high recommend it for such effects :D

More than willing to help if you have any further questions so shout them out (y)

Andy :coolio

Mike, you drunkard, trust you :drinks

Back