• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf J Bad Kötzing,Bavaria

jknaus

Administrator
Rye Field Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf J in Bad Kötzing,Bavaria. Nice kit but softer plastic than usual. Make sure you dry fit because some of the sub assemblies will affect the alignment later on. Nice build so far.
DSC08594.JPG
DSC08595.JPG
DSC08596.JPG
DSC08597.JPG
DSC08598.JPG
DSC08599.JPG
DSC08600.JPG
DSC08619.JPG
DSC08620.JPG
DSC08621.JPG
DSC08622.JPG

Nice to see something without wings for a change, I dig the suspension. What do the tracks look like?

They dont look too bad. Will start working on them soon. Individual tracks and pins. Hopefully they work out.

The cupola instructions and construction are the worst part of the kit so far, well besides the box for the spare road wheels. Finally got something though. Just need to do the skirts and add the coax and I think I can start painting. Oh and the tracks are not bad. Seem to go together nicely. I did have 1 pin bend though and I cut the other pins too soon I think as some disappeared. So when you attach them light on the glue and let them sit a while before you cut the pin sprue. Should work out okay after that.
DSC08627.JPG
DSC08628.JPG
DSC08629.JPG
DSC08630.JPG
DSC08631.JPG
DSC08632.JPG
DSC08633.JPG
DSC08634.JPG
DSC08635.JPG

Sorry but the track picture ended up blurry so next time.

Started the skirts and they are very fragile. Also started painting. Of course the paint went on nice and then started spattering, so cleaned the tip and repeated several times. Sigh. Also realized how stupid I was to add everything before painting. Makes it a real challenge. Picks sometime soon.
James

Back