• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Pz III command tank

Bagge

Here is my start pic, been busy with moving but now i have some benchtime again :dance

P1120264.JPG

Just for making it more a challange, the 2 pots with Friul tracks (left & right) fell out in the box while moving :bang head so now it's first sorting that out :pinch:

Why do it easy when there is a hard way :D
Just finnished sorting them out and started to clean them up.
Use needles instead of the soft thread provided by friul for the linkpins

Finnished the work in the house for today, so now it´s time for some modelling! :)
Hope to get one track done today (maybe 2) there is friultracks to be done for atleast 4tanks and the a swim in blackening agent.

One side done and busy cleaning up the other side.

P1120269.JPG

My computer keeps crashing on me so it is difficult to post :(

It´s going forward!

P1120272.JPG

tomorrow the tracks should be ok and ready for a swimm (first time i try that blackening stuff, so it will be interesting)
:soldier
Mats

:popcorn
what fluid you will use for blackening tracks? And what fluid you use for rust?

Roman, i will use the burnishing agent for Friul tracks from Uschi van der Rosten, i never tried it before so it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

The rust is something i picked up in a hobbystore it is some metall powder with 2 fluids to start a rust reaction, otherwise i mostly paint the rust or use real rustpowder (let some metal in water and then scrape off the rust and dust it on the model (or paint with humbrol rust and then powder ontop before it dries :cheer:

Thanks guys for following along, not much action right now but i hope to get the tracks done tonight :S

Roman, i will use the burnishing agent for Friul tracks from Uschi van der Rosten, i never tried it before so it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Mats,the best thing to do before you use the U vd R fluid,is to wash your tracks with vinegar.
I've washed and scrubbed the tracks with dishwater on my T34/76 'Chtz' tank with disasterous results. :(

Looking forward to the next steps. :popcorn

Greetings,Ron.

Thanks for the heads up Ron! :)
The tracks where first cleaned with vinegar (or azijn, as they call it in Netherlands).
so here is the startup :)

P1120274.JPG

Mix one bottle of agent with one bottle of water and then in goes the tracks :geek

P1120276.JPG

Used an toothbrush to scrub the agent in to the tracks and get the airbubbles out.

here you see the difference after a couple of minutes in the agent.

P1120278.JPG

Out of the bath and cleaned off under running water to get the tracks clean of the agent.

P1120279.JPG

Just had to try them on before closing down tonight :D

P1120282.JPG

P1120283.JPG

nothing else done to the tracks, just a bath :coolio :beer

Mats

Thanks for the heads up Ron! :)
The tracks where first cleaned with vinegar (or azijn, as they call it in Netherlands).
so here is the startup :)

P1120274.JPG

Mix one bottle of agent with one bottle of water and then in goes the tracks :geek

P1120276.JPG

Used an toothbrush to scrub the agent in to the tracks and get the airbubbles out.

here you see the difference after a couple of minutes in the agent.

P1120278.JPG

Out of the bath and cleaned off under running water to get the tracks clean of the agent.

P1120279.JPG

Just had to try them on before closing down tonight :D

P1120282.JPG

P1120283.JPG

nothing else done to the tracks, just a bath :coolio :beer

Mats

Great stuff ain't it Mats? Looking good from here. :popcorn

Dear Mats.

...I love too...excelent effects...the Panzer Grey looks great!

Thanks for posting!

Luiz.

Back