• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Pz III Ausf A .... a really FAST work....

Hello everyone!

Each time I come from Torrent, I feel full of energy. May be too much energy ... and it´s easy to trap me ...!!!!

I had a disccusion with a good friend of mine about how much time is really neccesary to paint a kit. Of course, not trying to do a "high standard kit", just an atractive finished kit.

15 days he said with a single color vehicle.... 10 I said ..... He said "impossible" ... I said "possible".... so, we bet an expensive dinner with our wifes.

I have a Pz III Ausf A asembled by other friend, Antonio Perdices, since one year ago. This tank, will be the victim.

I´ll try to post everyday as a reality show! :lol: :lol:

Of course, I agree to new bets! :lol: :lol:

Day 1: Thursday: Base color + satin varnish

Base color: XF-63 + XF-25 (60-40 aprox)
Light 1: Base + XF-25
Highest light: Light 1 + XF-2
Shadows: Base + XF-1

DSC_0065_286.jpg

DSC_0066_287.jpg

DSC_0067_288.jpg

Very very good work. I would like to see more of these early panzers become mainstream kits. I love the shades of grey you have applied so far....
Steven

i have not the slightest doubt that you'll make it and make another masterpiece josé!

seems like your friend will leave a fortune in the restaurant!

Thanks you all for your support!!

Now, time for some more progress.....

Day 2 (Friday): Pin washings + some acrylic detail higlight using Vallejo colors.

DSC_0068_289.jpg

DSC_0069_290-1.jpg

Next step: Painting details + decals

:laugh: fanastic start, i love your style as it is unique and very artistic. B) B) B) :laugh:
Good luck with the bet JOSE.

Ian

Day 3: Decals + Base color (just to see the different colors) to accesories (mufflers are painted in this way ... to use hairspray technique later) and some extra highlighthing here and there. I used also some airbrushing as some vertical plates were too dark.

This is a "rare" step ... the tank just seems a toy know very un realistic with all that different grey colors on every detail.

I also primed the modelkasten tracks (not important step, no picture)

Nearly all of the Pz III Ausf A I´ve seen on pictures, have no markings or decals!.

Next step: Chipping (a really hard task....) + tracks base color

DSC_0070_291.jpg

DSC_0071_292.jpg

Thanks for your support!

STOP!!!!

Days 9 and 10 will be delayed!

As I like to use new products on market, the weathering of the lower part of the tank (days 9 and 10 in my schedule) will be delayed until I receive the new Mud-in-a-Pot weathering set. I use to apply the also new Tamiya´s texturized paint, but now, it´s the turn for new Reality in scale product. I´ll inform you of the results.

Tonight, Day 6, you´ll see the mufflers with hairspray technique applied and also the effect of the first filters.

See you tonight!

Day 6: Filters

Using Tamiya´s enamel paint XF-63, XF-25 and XF-1 highly diluted, I made some filters all around the vehicle. Lines on vertical surfaces and "clouds" on horizontal.

I also used hairspray technique to start weathering the muffler.

Tonight, I´ll try to paint with more detail some parts of the vehicle that have been partially obscured by filters (highlight) and will start chipping the aerial protector with weathered wood color paint from Vallejo.

DSC_0076_297.jpg

DSC_0075_296.jpg

Next step, weathering filters, with oleos (buff, white, red, blue...yellow...), in order to have a nice base for full dusting and weathering technique

Also, I will make more strokes with other colors and will make more intense (strong) some of the already painted one (black). For me, it´s very useful to see my step by step pictures as some fails can be detected.

See you tomorow!

Really great work! I love the colors WOW it really snaps!

Terry B) GREY RULES!!!

:notworthy (y) :peace :D

That is looking so nice. And you are doing it all so fast, and it makes me wonder :hmmm .

Now, why can't I do that :idonno

Gary B)

G Cooper wrote:
:notworthy (y) :peace :D

That is looking so nice. And you are doing it all so fast, and it makes me wonder :hmmm .

Now, why can't I do that :idonno

Gary B)
Yeah, what he said! :notworthy :notworthy

Back