• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

PURPLE 13

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
This something I've been working on off the grid. It is a 1937 Chevy early modified racer by AMT. I'll tell you this. The wing nuts think they are masters of construction and the tread heads know all about the number of screws on the top of a panzer IV, but car modelers must be jedi masters. They have to deal with instructions that would make resin builders pull their hair out. Most of the kits they build have some of the worst parts in the business with no positive part location, flash, ejection marks, and seams that would make a figure builder throw it in the trash. Yet somehow these guys turn out stuff that make our eyes pop. So the next time you see their work at a show pause and remember that after over coming the mind numbing construction of the kit they still have to have a "PERFECT" finish.

Well this build was not done by a jedi master. I painted it pretty colors to distract from the poor parts and terrible fit. Enjoy and comments are welcome.

Terry B)

DSC01344.JPG

DSC01345.JPG

DSC01346.JPG

DSC01347.JPG

DSC01348.JPG

DSC01340.JPG

DSC01343.JPG

Broadening your horizons Terry? Sure looks fine to me, can't see any issues at all. Looks good! :good:

You know Terry, it does look like a Saturday Night car for the local track. :drinks

Glad you got it done I just throw my cars back in the box.

You know Terry, it does look like a Saturday Night car for the local track. :drinks

Glad you got it done I just throw my cars back in the box.

That's what happens to mine most of the time.

Thanks

Terry B)

Wonderful little racecar ya got there man. I have built several of those racers, and I don't mind the slight inacuracies, thats what makes 'em fun to build. Plus, you don't have to have a flawless finish, unless you are going for factory finish or show rod finish, then you can go a little crazy. Are you going to try a trailer or some kind of hauler to go with it?

Dave

Wonderful little racecar ya got there man. I have built several of those racers, and I don't mind the slight inacuracies, thats what makes 'em fun to build. Plus, you don't have to have a flawless finish, unless you are going for factory finish or show rod finish, then you can go a little crazy. Are you going to try a trailer or some kind of hauler to go with it?

Dave

Thanks Dave! No I don't have a trailer or anything. I like em shiny.

Terry B)

I did a little more work to the racer. I painted the lettering on the tires and dull coated them. Finished now I think.

Terry B)

DSC01349.JPG

DSC01350.JPG

DSC01353.JPG

DSC01354.JPG

Think this would be the Pre-Season shot, just out of the garage. Now do one post season! :popcorn

Nice job Terry. (y)

Hey, that looks pretty cool to me. Ready for some Saturday night action.
I did one of these last year and made a bunch of alterations to it, they are a big challenge.

Nice job Terry! (y)

Hey, that looks pretty cool to me. Ready for some Saturday night action.
I did one of these last year and made a bunch of alterations to it, they are a big challenge.

Nice job Terry! (y)

Enough of a challenge for me out of the box.

Thanks Kevin!

Terry B)

Back