• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

PT-109

Hippy Ed

Here's my entry into this Campaign. I got some WEM goodies ta add: PE and a 37mm cannon for the bow.

haa71cb0.JPG

h873d657.JPG

h043a18c.JPG

References

hfe37d9b.JPG

h9ee6237.JPG

Have the Squadron in Action Plus, another hardcover book, plus some stuff from PT Boat.org

I seem to remember reading they had mounted a 37mm gun on the front of PT109.

Watch the focus Eddy, looking forward to seeing this. :popcorn

Great subject
I might have leaned toward McHale's Navy, especially after some torpedo juice. Lookin' forward to your build.

I seem to remember reading they had mounted a 37mm gun on the front of PT109.

Watch the focus Eddy, looking forward to seeing this. :popcorn

I'll try boss! :tomato Yep, JFK's crew found a 37mm somewheres & lashed it down to the bow the night before she got rammed :good:

Thanks fellas. :drinks Last night I gave the plastic a bath in some Dawn dish soap, sliced a few bits off the sprue & off the deck since some of the photo etch replaces moulded on stuff like the torpedo tube guides, hatches, & I think, toe railing along the bow... Anyways, I'll git some pics taken & posted soon. Had to run mom to Sonora to do some shopping & just got back...

Here ya go fellas...had to work fast as outside light is fading fast :blush:

h709d494.JPG

hf5b8cd3.JPG

h2e32068.JPG

Thot I'd try scratchin' some sort of interior since I've opened up a few hatches...
hc1a2c7f.JPG

h47ea5be.JPG

the stand
hc5017a2.JPG

hd96cf93.JPG

Nice details and good pictures. :popcorn

Thanks. I was kinda wonderin' if they were ok as it started gettin' dark out when I took them!! :good:
I'll try and get a close up of the logo tomorrow & see if it'll be acceptable for a Badge for this campaign...

Back