• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Practice.

Ok...so I've been reading about using the decal paper to mask canopies-- is there a technique here spelling the process out a bit- what paint to spray, cutting, etc?

I've done it several times Mike. Really any paint you want. What I do is the interior paint first then exterior. Cut into thin stripes a little more than the with of the frame and trim to fit when you put it on the canopy.

Thanks Bob!

Ok- I think overall this technique looks great! And it's easier than trying to mask off each part- but doing a 1/48 Me-110 is tedious ;). I imagine doing a 190 or a Spit or Mustang teardrop canopy would be much more enjoyable ;)

I think on the complex bird cage type canopies this method is better than masking. BTW, (y) to Saul for this because that's who I got it from.

I'm sold on it, that's for sure.

I just ordered a little something that'll take some canopy work. :D

By the way, this model has been shelved. The antenna mast is way too large for scale and bench time is becoming scarce, so I'll revisit it when I have more time.

I want to hammer out the 109 but came up against the detailing choices roadblock, so I think I'll pull another Hellcat type build with the new kit and blast through it to get the mojo up again.

Back