• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Personal shelf Queen completion thread

nsmekanik

Shelf Queens....models without boxes, or, the ones you can't hide :frantic Did a little stock takin a while ago
shelf_queens.jpg

this ain't all of them, and I've decided that while I'm working on other things and watching the paint dry, I'll pick whatever off the shelf and work on it following no rhyme or reason and see what I can do to clear off some shelf space.

This one kinda fell apart during a move some, well, quit a while ago, anyway first one off the bench is old peg leg cuase I have no idea where the landing gear went for that side which is why it sat on the shelf in pieces for years. The Academy Typhoon which is just as good as the Airfix kit IMHO and one of my favorites.
IMG_0268~0.JPG

IMG_0269~0.JPG

IMG_0270~0.JPG

IMG_0271~0.JPG

Next up is my first completion for the year, Hasegawa's old Betty Bomber. I bought this thing and have been picking away at it for must be about a decade now. I picked it up after I finished Hasegawa's early zero kit as more of a nostalgia thing and I enjoyed doing it up at a nice easy pace. Really wish Tamiya would downsize thiers or Hasegawa would cut a new one to go with their other newer Betty, kit which I'm going to look for sooner or later.
IMG_0262~0.JPG

IMG_0263~0.JPG

IMG_0264~0.JPG

IMG_0267.JPG

Nothing spectacular, but I like it.
More to follow (eventually)
:drinks

Quite a batch of self queens . I'm with you, I wish Hasegawa would retool the older Betty model

As well as their flying boats :bang head

Cheers, Christian B)

Nice stuff, good practice to pick up old ones and apply what you've learned over time to fix and finish. I got my share for sure. :popcorn

HI :D :beer :woohoo:

This thing has been laying around on the shelf since I installed the paint booth :coolio
IMG_0378~0.JPG

Time to git 'er back up on 'er feet so :geek
IMG_0380.JPG

IMG_0381.JPG

IMG_0382.JPG

How I fix the sag in antenna wires :evil:
IMG_0383.JPG

IMG_0384.JPG

IMG_0385.JPG

IMG_0386.JPG

IMG_0388~0.JPG

Then as I was looking at it after the pics I realized the tail wheel wasn't where it was supposed to be, it was stuffed up inside :frantic since fixed but a really week join :good:

:drinks

Tim, my bench is getting almost as cluttered as yours. How about a buddy shelf queen build! Haha! Looking great, glad to see you going after some of these divas.

The Ad Hoc Shelf Queen Bar, Grill, and

Smoke shop
getting-stoned.gif
is now open for public consumption :beer

Don't let me hog the thread Dave, just jump right in :woohoo: Any one else who wants to is most welcome

The Ad Hoc Shelf/Beauty Queen Bar, Grill, and

HA, good idea. So this would be Tim's Shelf Queen Bar,Grill and Rehab Center? :rotf

I got a tail wheel of the Rosie the Rocketteer Piper that needs to be rebuilt. Mind if I share here?

Back