• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Pearl Harbor 75th (ribbons need opinions)

Pearl Harbor 75th

Believe it or not Ed, there were some P-26 Peashooters listed as on the island during the attack as well.

Yeah, I realise that. I was just lookin' thru my stash tho... Have some time to consider what to do. Might even step outta my comfort zone some & do a Jap ship... :blink :huh:

Pearl Harbor 75th

Love your Choice of Kit. I have the Revell Arizona with GMM P/E. Have built this Kit before and for it's age it is still very accurate.....Cheers mark

Pearl Harbor 75th

One kit I'd love to build for this would be the USS HONOLULU CL-48 a Brooklyn class Lt. Cruiser but, have yet to find one :bang head

I think you will find that Trumpy did a 1-700 Brooklyn a few Years ago Ed.....Cheers mark

:eek:hmy: :unsure: I'll look again. Did ask on the ship boards awhile back & all that was said was the only ones out were resin which is too rich fer me blood.

Pearl Harbor 75th

Hello, I would like to respectively bow out of this campaign, due to a very full dance card. Due t the length of the campaign I may be able To rejoin at a later date, but It would be rude to commit to this and possibly not follow thru, thanks

Pearl Harbor 75th

Hello, I would like to respectively bow out of this campaign, due to a very full dance card. Due t the length of the campaign I may be able To rejoin at a later date, but It would be rude to commit to this and possibly not follow thru, thanks

No start date or duration has been set so I wouldn't worry about informing us.

B)

Pearl Harbor 75th

I sat down last night and put together the ribbons from the thoughts I had in my head.

These are for the Pearl Harbor build that is supposed to start monday (Geeze ALREADY?!)

For the Japanese we have this submission:
INFAMY-JP.png

For the United States forces there is this submission:
INFAMY-PH.png

Then for the adventurous folks that are into torturous projects, here is a special. This is for LARGE SCALE 1/350 or larger Arizona kits "WITH" aftermarket. Read that as photo etch details with railings. A full tilt build. There is a year to build it.
ARIZONA-Lg-scale.png

If it is too big I probably can't fix it. As is it is a double wide, same height.

Let me know what you think.

Question: If I do the 1/200 Arizona is it required that it be painted in Dec 7 colors? I want to do the peace time color Measure 3 that she wore after her last refit. This color was used from January 1941 till September 1941.

Actually Terry, my opinion on the Arizona is this; If you want to build the Arizona in any of her configurations (LARGE SCALE ONLY) Then go for it. The Arizona ribbon is mainly "Remember the Arizona", the other 2 ribbons are specifically Pearl Harbor Dec 7 1941.

If someone wanted to build a 1/200 or 1/350 Arizona as she appeared in 1920 I would say go for it. It at least gives some more options for that ribbon. So let's see what folks come up with. Since that ribbon is a single specific subject that had various modifications thru it's life. Why not open it up just a little, honor all who served on the Arizona, and see what happens.

Good question Terry! (y)

Actually Terry, my opinion on the Arizona is this; If you want to build the Arizona in any of her configurations (LARGE SCALE ONLY) Then go for it. The Arizona ribbon is mainly "Remember the Arizona", the other 2 ribbons are specifically Pearl Harbor Dec 7 1941.

If someone wanted to build a 1/200 or 1/350 Arizona as she appeared in 1920 I would say go for it. It at least gives some more options for that ribbon. So let's see what folks come up with. Since that ribbon is a single specific subject that had various modifications thru it's life. Why not open it up just a little, honor all who served on the Arizona, and see what happens.

Good question Terry! (y)

(y)

Question: If I do the 1/200 Arizona is it required that it be painted in Dec 7 colors? I want to do the peace time color Measure 3 that she wore after her last refit. This color was used from January 1941 till September 1941.

I'd say go for it Terry! Nobody has officially confirmed what paint scheme she was wearing on that date that will live in Infamy. Just alot of speculation :drinks

I'd say go for it Terry! Nobody has officially confirmed what paint scheme she was wearing on that date that will live in Infamy. Just alot of speculation :drinks

Well.....

h5e896d0.jpg

Ok I'd like to join the Arizona build & the US build for now ... I must get permission for what I have. I started a P-36 Mohawk on another forum that crashed, Now I had made & painted the I/P on that one, but it was a virgin Kit when I started it.

Now on the U.S.S. Arizona I just bought a Minihobby 1/350 Kit with a I think white ensigns #3528 PE Set, the turrets have been started but I would probably be replacing the barrels with brass ones anyway. So since it is a virgin kit, to me can I use it for this build, and enter with it ?

Now the other thing the Voting button is missing, it is showing the three bars for the categories :woohoo:

Ok I'd like to join the Arizona build & the US build for now ... I must get permission for what I have. I started a P-36 Mohawk on another forum that crashed, Now I had made & painted the I/P on that one, but it was a virgin Kit when I started it.

Now on the U.S.S. Arizona I just bought a Minihobby 1/350 Kit with a I think white ensigns #3528 PE Set, the turrets have been started but I would probably be replacing the barrels with brass ones anyway. So since it is a virgin kit, to me can I use it for this build, and enter with it ?

Now the other thing the Voting button is missing, it is showing the three bars for the categories :woohoo:

They should be clean starts especially on the Arizona, but post some photos of what has been done and we will see Gerry. No garantees, but I also realize that rework of prior assembly stuff can be more work than starting fresh. Show some photos of what has been done and we will see. :hmmm

As to the vote? Why worry, it's a go.

Terry, (and those doing the Arizona) Here's a thread from the ship forum I'm on & this is quite a long read but, alot of info on her. Tracy White has been in the mix of trying to uncover the true collors of the Arizona for years along with others.
http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12942

They should be clean starts especially on the Arizona, but post some photos of what has been done and we will see Gerry. No garantees, but I also realize that rework of prior assembly stuff can be more work than starting fresh. Show some photos of what has been done and we will see. :hmmm

As to the vote? Why worry, it's a go.

h1cc67d4.jpg

The Kit ...

hecc0387.jpg

hb08626c.jpg

h06f0484.jpg

h3b66fe8.jpg

Looks like only the turrets have been assembled

I believe that one is a go Gerry. Especially if you replace the barrels with brass ones. I believe Master Model has a reasonably priced set for that kit that includes main, secondary, and AA gun barrels.

Enjoy and looking forward to following your progress.

I believe that one is a go Gerry. Especially if you replace the barrels with brass ones. I believe Master Model has a reasonably priced set for that kit that includes main, secondary, and AA gun barrels.

:salute
Thanks Paul, I just bought it today should Be Here soon, I'll post pictures then ... :salute

:salute
Thanks Paul, I just bought it today should Be Here soon, I'll post pictures then ... :salute

Here's something for you & others whom are building Arizona...
http://www.rollmodels.net/nworkbench/onlinebuild/arizona/arizona1.php

Back