• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

PBR in the Brown Water Navy

jknaus

Administrator
Here are some start up pictures for the PBR. Just waiting on some AM to arrive and I will try making this little boat. Hoping to making it checking out a Sampan. See how that all goes. Now if I could get the Masterpiece upgrade I would be ecstatic lol.
20230219_130611.jpg
20230219_130618.jpg

James

It is a great little kit, lots of potential also. I haven't got mine yet James, should check the usual places, I'm sure it's well stocked.

Okay I am close to starting this. I got AFV machine guns for the 50 cals, Eduard M-16s and some AM M60s. I got some Eduard PE and I got the Masterpiece Models upgrade. I am less than pleased with the MP Models upgrade to tell the truth. While it came in a nice sturdy box all the resin was in a big zip lock bag and there was no protection. Lucky for me nothing seems damaged. I got this mostly for the 80mm mortar joined with the 50 cal for the rear gun station. If the part I think is the mortar I am better off without. So much flash everywhere also. Maybe I'm spoilt and this is normal. Please ignore the cat food on my desk. We have one cat who cant eat regular food but doesnt care and so I have the other cats food at my desk when I am home. So here are the pictures of the resin. Not sure what I will use from it right now.
20230320_175646.jpg
20230320_175650.jpg
20230320_175656.jpg
20230320_175713.jpg
20230320_175715.jpg
20230320_175723.jpg
20230320_175730.jpg
20230320_175756.jpg
20230320_175912.jpg

I think the next picture is the 80mm mortar and 50 cal but it doesnt look like any picture I have seen. Oh well I dont have to put the combo on my boat.
20230320_175842.jpg

More pictures coming soon.
James

Might be the mortar on the left but the right is an M60, with spade grips, for sure:
20230320_175842-jpg.158425

A 60mm mortar looks a little like that. The poor casting makes it hard to tell.
GG_PAGE_384_FIGURE_11_15.jpg

PCF's, some PTF's and Point Class cutters did carry the Mk. 2 81/.50 "Piggyback" mount during Vietnam.
I'd be surprised to find it on a PBR, but I'm not an expert on US Navy Riverine armaments and I wasn't there.
That, and I don't tell YOU what to do with YOUR model. Ever.

A 60mm mortar looks a little like that. The poor casting makes it hard to tell.
GG_PAGE_384_FIGURE_11_15.jpg

PCF's, some PTF's and Point Class cutters did carry the Mk. 2 81/.50 "Piggyback" mount during Vietnam.
I'd be surprised to find it on a PBR, but I'm not an expert on US Navy Riverine armaments and I wasn't there.
That, and I don't tell YOU what to do with YOUR model. Ever.
Awesome picture, I havent seen that one before. In the book I read some did carry the piggyback mount and it was just odd enough looking a weapon I wanted to do it. No worries though as no matter what the boat still looks interesting. I dont mind if people tell me about my models as I like to research but dont always find all the info I'm after. I think between the M706, M48, LARC, and PBR this will be the only Vietnam stuff I have ever done. I think growing up with the war on all the news even in Canada while I was in school/High School just kind of turned me away from modeling it. Thanks for the pic.
James

I vote add the thing. I mean where else you see a freakin' mortar on a swivel mount and aim it like a rifle?

That's some of the worst resin castings i have seen a long time ! but i am sure you will make it work (y)

( I would have demanded my money back )

Last edited:
That's some of the worst resin castings i have seen a long time ! but i am sure you will make it work (y)

( I would have demanded my money back )

I wish I had photos of the B58 hustler cockpit that I sent back.

I'll cherry pick through what I can use. The only thing I really wanted was the over under and maybe the radar dome and screen. Anyways We'll see how it all turns out.
James

Back