• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Paul builds a Bronco now

Paulw

I had to build something because the car left me a bad headache.

I thought that this would be almost as bad as my last Kitty Hawk kit but so far it looks pretty good. so far I got the tub almost dome and the next thing its the ball on the nose. Let's see how this pans out..

the decals for the panels laid out real nicely and with a small amount of Micro-Sol it snugged down and looks like it should.

With the exception of them being crooked a bit.

The seats went together well

The seat belts look OK but just OK.

The nose gear went together with out much fuss (Yaaaaayyyyy)

Well, thank you all for the kind comments.

Forging ahead I got the fuselage buttoned up. Only a couple of issued here is the fit of the pit in the fuselage but it is nothing that cant be remedied with a bit of fore thought when putting it together. I guess I need more fore though.

This little gizmo is one of those issues, not much in the way of a positive lock but you just have to guess where it fits best and go with that.

Here is one that is a bit more serious. this circuit breaker panel needs to be a bit forward in the pit or the top part od the wing center section wont fit correctly so I would recommend coming up with a way to ensure it id more forward. There is a small slot/ step that the panels top part fits into in the wing part and that is pretty small so be careful or you will miss it.

The wings center section comes in three pieces. The instructions have you assembling this first before you attach it to the fuse. I had some difficulty with it so I pulled the two bottom panels of that section off and then gluing down the top part. This allowed me to get some of my miss steps corrected and a good bond between that part of the wing and the fuselage. I then assembled the lower parts back on with a very minor gap in one wing and not much of a problem in the other. I also took time to assemble the flaps here and install them.

After all was done this is what I came out with.

One of the things that you need to be aware of is the call out numbers and letters on the sprue are extremely difficult to read and some parts on on wrong sprue or not indicated in the instructions. I have built three KH kits and this is common fodder. So far in my opinion this is a real good kit but some one with a better sense of patience and skill would be much more adept at producing a higher quality build that I.

Back