• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Paint stowage

Paulw

I use Vallejo and have quite a few eyedropper bottles full but the space I have to stow them in is quite limited. How do you stow and what do you use for paint stowage? I need pics for this kind of help.

For me, with limited space, went to the $1 store. Found plastic covered containers to fit my bottles, bought several so I could divide my paint into groups (by colors and by enamels or acrylics).
Stacked all the plastic containers, on the floor, tucked under the drawer section of my work desk and are in easy reach when needed.

I bought some pre-primed (white) molding lengths from Home Depot, they're three quarter by two and a quarter, I believe and pretty inexpensive. The height is just larger than a Vallejo bottle, so cutting off square pieces give you a nice simple shelf system by placing two squares, a length of shelf, then repeat like a house of cards up the wall. ;)

I bought some pre-primed (white) molding lengths from Home Depot, they're three quarter by two and a quarter, I believe and pretty inexpensive. The height is just larger than a Vallejo bottle, so cutting off square pieces give you a nice simple shelf system by placing two squares, a length of shelf, then repeat like a house of cards up the wall. ;)

:good: :ro: :dude

Paul, I started using spice racks for my paints. Found them on Amazon. Each rack has three shelves. One rack will hold about 66 Vallejo bottles. Picked mine up from Amazon. But you can probably find them elsewhere.

IMG_8346.JPG

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001MY6A3E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheap, effective, costs nothing, empty model boxes, put your bottles in those, stack 'em,, works for me Paul !!

Back