• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

P-51D IAF 1/72 scale

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
I'm in with this one. P-51D in IAF markings, I had this for years and with my current Mid East kick why not try to knock it out. There is no Sherman parts in the box :idonno

Start photos
018_zpsbr7trvu9.jpg

019_zps826q06qd.jpg

After the photos I stuck some of the parts together and shot some paint. Not much detail for the cockpit which is fine with me for now.
035_zpstxj2ndbm.jpg

:good:

Looking good Sherman. I built one of these some years back. No real issues to speak of; it should go together quite well. Just watch out for the decals when you get there. Some of my stripes tended to break apart fairly easily.

I'll be watching this with interest.

Oh, and I still need to build a Spit in Israeli markings. Can't find one in 1/72 scale.

Looking good Sherman. I built one of these some years back. No real issues to speak of; it should go together quite well. Just watch out for the decals when you get there. Some of my stripes tended to break apart fairly easily.

I'll be watching this with interest.

Oh, and I still need to build a Spit in Israeli markings. Can't find one in 1/72 scale.

Thanks for the info Maddog! :good:

farther behind than I wanted to be at this point but still at it. The new seat came in and it is SWEET!

Seat is from quick boost. Kinda makes everything else look so so :idonno

my kind of instructions (y)
DSC02631_zps7zs34tvg.jpg

DSC02632_zpsz37tlsl4.jpg

DSC02633_zps7jjbxlzx.jpg

DSC02634_zpsgfyaskat.jpg

now off to paint :good:

Back