• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

P-43 Lancer - 1/48 Classic Airframes

helios

Decided to take this on as a quick weekend project to build in parallel w/ a fellow club member (he's building a 1/72 P-51).

Fiddly engine bits...that I had to redo later when the fuselage halves wouldn't quite close up due to interference w/ the engine cylinders.

Significant sanding required on the resin wheel wells to allow the wing half to fit. Ultimately got there w/o burning through...but it was really close in a couple spots.

Was hoping to be further along, but slowly getting there.

Aww.... Mr. Thunderbolt's daddy. How cute! :vgood:
Will it be Robert L. Scott's Lancer of Mt. McKinley exploration fame?
Will you simulate the fuel leaks too? :good:

Aww.... Mr. Thunderbolt's daddy. How cute! :vgood:
Will it be Robert L. Scott's Lancer of Mt. McKinley exploration fame?
Will you simulate the fuel leaks too? :good:

Going to run w/ the Chinese AF markings in the box. Probably be a bit of light weathering, but I usually like to keep my builds relatively clean.

I’m guessing if cost is anywhere close, you’re probably money/time ahead with the Dora kit. I got this for free when a club member was moving to CA. He is a historian and aircraft buff, and the Dora kit replaced this one in his stash.

While not a bad kit, a lot of cleanup of the parts are required. Molded details aren’t the sharpest, and a lot of the resin bits are fragile. Once a bit of fitting work is done, the parts do seem to fit up reasonably well. It is going to need some work around the lower fuselage/wing join.

And I just realized I ran the wires to the wrong location on the tail...gonna have to fix that. Bah!

Looking good. I've never been too much interested in the P-43, but I've seen kits listed and builds and its kind of caught my eye now. Maybe one day will try one. Enjoying your build in the mean time.
James

Back