• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Operation Chastise - The Dambusters - Finished.

Operation Chastise - The Dambusters

Cheers guys!

Good progress Phil :good:

You gonna show it at the Gong expo later ?

Depends on how it all scrubs up WW !!! :D

the water splash the mine would of made is a bit of a head scratcher for me, it wouldn't need a big splash as it's the last bounce so I'm on the lookout for something.

The other option I'm thinking of is inserting a piece of leftover wire in the mine I used on the Walrus strut wires as after the last bounce the mine arched from the water to the dam wall.

Finished the painting today, black underside Tamiya rattle T/S 29, topside Gunze/Mr Hobby Acrylics, props ready to accept the ''blurs'', starting on the dam colours next.

DSC_1100pf.jpg~original

DSC_1101pf.jpg~original

DSC_1096pf.jpg~original

Got the 'Dambusters March' playing in my head as type this. Looking good, Phil.

Ian

Finished the painting today, black underside Tamiya rattle T/S 29, topside Gunze/Mr Hobby Acrylics, props ready to accept the ''blurs'', starting on the dam colours next.

DSC_1100pf.jpg~original

DSC_1101pf.jpg~original

DSC_1096pf.jpg~original

Woo!!! Nice job Phil

:good:

:drinks Cheers guys!!

Finished the Dam today, those tower extensions were not nice to work with, the nature of vac formed thin plastic around 1mm thick, the mounting step for the extensions were the same 1mm area which involved mass sanding to get ''a close as you can'' flush fit.

Am toying with the idea of brushing future over the water, will test on the underside first as the water is not flat coated, only the dam is.

DSC_1103d.jpg~original

DSC_1104d.jpg~original

DSC_1105d.jpg~original

''Down, down, steady, up a bit, up a bit more.........
DSC_1107d.jpg~original

Have been trying to figure out what to do with the ''runoff' side of the dam for a while so
what I have come up with is an old mouse mat cut to fit into the side gap, with the idea of putting earth ground cover and adding small flock (bushes) or cutting the mat even more from the outside edge of the square tower so it runs into the corner of the board and just earthing that.

DSC_1144base.jpg~original

these will give you an idea what I'm trying to do,
mdam.jpg~original

prelarge.jpg~original

I have to get the glass cover made first before I do the board as I have to leave it at the shop so they only have the bare board, depending on how much work he has could be a week and some days.

Doing the decals atm, the new USA version Future is going well!
DSC_1157D.jpg~original

DSC_1156D.jpg~original

A few more to go.

A bit more progress on the Lancaster.

Mass filling for the nose blister and a tight elastic band cured the main canopy woes, at least they are on now, horrible fit all round.

DSC_1348a2000.jpg~original

DSC_1351a2000.jpg~original

DSC_1350a.jpg~original

DSC_1349a3000b.jpg~original

I used grey pastels over the lower rivet lines which unfortunately don't show up well
DSC_1356a.jpg~original

DSC_1354a.jpg~original

Missed your last update Phil, and can't see it now. Looking forward to seeing it after work. :popcorn

Like that a lot, Phil. Just adding the glasshouse changes everything about it. Looks great.

Ian

Looks great Phil :good:

Nice paintjob, i find it difficult to paint planes :bang head Soon time to start masking off my Stuka and i am not sure if i will get it half as good as this one....

Looking forward to see more of this big bird
:popcorn

//Mats

A bit more progress on the Lancaster.

Mass filling for the nose blister and a tight elastic band cured the main canopy woes, at least they are on now, horrible fit all round.

DSC_1348a2000.jpg~original

DSC_1351a2000.jpg~original

DSC_1350a.jpg~original

DSC_1349a3000b.jpg~original

I used grey pastels over the lower rivet lines which unfortunately don't show up well
DSC_1356a.jpg~original

DSC_1354a.jpg~original

Worth the wait to get home Phil :pilot

I suspect if we get the lighting figured out the subtle painting will show better. You could put a tree branch in the tail gear assembly, remember that scene in the movie? :pilot :rotf

Back