• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

OK,I'm in(if that's OK?)

jrutman53

Wanted to do this dio for years so this may be the push I needed. Pictures of the basic doner kits tell the story. It will
involve some,OK,a lot of scratchbuilding to get a horse drwan early LfH18.
J

001-110.jpg

if i see it correct, the leFH18 is from the afv club combo kit with the Sd.Kfz.11 ... that was my originally planned entry for this gb!

horse drawn is way cooler of course!

go! go! go! it will be an awesome travel to follow your build!

Thanks people! I will do my best. This 18 will be the earlier version rather than the late model I made for my in battery dio.
Remember when you build these field pieces to have the barrels(gun tubes) retracted back down the slide to the travel lock position. I saw a guy on Hyperscale that had his almost on the ground because of this. I'm just sayin'!
Thanks for looking in.

Got some of the things together that I have been stockpiling. Just trying to get a basic feel.

001-111.jpg

And here is the result of several hours of work. These kits have a bizillion little bits nut are nice. This one had more flash than the late model that I just built.

004-16.jpg

Really looking forward to this. Especially the horses. How will you paint them? Oils or acrylics? I have some to do in the future and so am gathering all the hints and tips I can.
James

Haven't painted a horse in a loooong time. I think that I will start by trying a base coat of acrylic and then go to oil. If that doesn't work,I have 5 other horses to paint! Maybe by number 6 I will get it straight?
J

I have the gun all assembled after dealing with the teeny tiny bits for hours. The major parts will be put together when the base coat of paint is done. I started on the putty for the breech cover and gunsight cover. This will also get a muzzle cap.

001-112.jpg

Looks great! I would never have thought of the covers.

Terry B)

Jerry,

You know that there is a market for those covers? Contact you know who and see if he is interested. Let me know and I will convince him if he isn't!

Too many hitched guns without covers seen on models. In real life, you protect what makes your job easier.

Regards,

Looks very good and i look forward to see how the horses turn out!
I have tried to paint one horse in acrylics and i got it looking somewhat like a horse after alot of trials :) never tried oils and i saw a nice sbs on youtube for pastels maybe worth to check out.

We already have 2 accs sets in the works for German arty. One for the 105mm and one for any German arty fire direction control,to include my survey/aiming circle and field telephone switchboard. I would like to make the breech and gunsite covers as well. The gunsite cover would be preety easy but the breech cover? It may have to be a cut and add type thing involving surgery on the modelers part. We'll see. We also talked about the gun limber. That will be done but I don't think horses. There are a few already available.
J

Looking forward to this one Jerry !

I also love the covers, top notch

Im also looking forward to you painting the Horse cos thats something I need to learn

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Now that I put those covers on I found a few nice pics of those covers! That is always the way things happen with me. I will have to make a few changes but not too bad.
J

Made the change to the breech cover. Pics later. This is where I am starting with the limber. Wheels from the LfH18 and the limber from the goulashkannone

005-6.jpg

Back