• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Off the wall question

OK, so my wife bought this for my son at a craft show:

GloveThingy001.jpg

It hangs on the wall and holds a bat, baseball, and a glove.

She wants me to put his name on it, She at first suggested that I airbrush it :unsure: . After I explained that my skills don't lie in that direction, I told her I would just make a decal and put it on there.

My question is; how to I make a decal adhere to wood? Is it the same as plastic?

Any advice would be appreciated.

That seems to be varnished, so go ahead and just apply the decal normally. If you want you could seal it in with another coat of varnish to increase durability of the decal.

I have the same problem. My wife wants me to paint something on canvas, she thinks if I can spray paint (which she doesn't understand that I"m not that good) that I could paint a landscape or something.

If you arent comfortable with that, maybe take it to a trophy shop and see if they have a laser engraver and would engrave it. I've doen that before. Looks very nice and will last way longer than a decal or paint.
James

If you arent comfortable with that, maybe take it to a trophy shop and see if they have a laser engraver and would engrave it. I've doen that before. Looks very nice and will last way longer than a decal or paint.
James

I've done that before. Not a bad idea. I made the decals and sprayed them with bonder so tomorrow I'll see how it looks

I wanted to do it in gold with some kind of Olde English lettering. Then I decided that should ask Nick what he wanted:

Plaque001.jpg

Green :yipee

Back