• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

New dio under way

jrutman53

Hey guys,sorry I haven't been on in a while but life gets in the way. Got an urge this week and decided to build a house. Here is where I am at so far.
IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1279.jpg

Just made the evergreen door and first window and started casting the roof tiles.
J

Jerry, glad to see ya! But you know you can't leave it just at that. What are you using, how you doing this? :popcorn

Thanks guys for looking in,
I am making this a street scene in a middle european town. There will be a building on either side of this one,hence the unfinished sides.
The building is from my imagination and I started with artist matte board walls. Glued on balsa wood beams and plaster of paris in between the wood. Foundation is plaster. Paint is vallejo and the door and window are styrene. The clear part is covered in white glue and still drying. The roof tiles are cast in resin but I only have a few finished so I painted the roof to"get the feel".
I have only built buildings in 1/1 scale or 1/87 scale so this is a first for me in 1/35. I enjoyed carving the plaster and may try my hand at a city gate?
Thanks so much for looking in and commenting.
J

Hello Jerry,

Few buildings, I love that !
And you made an excellent start, gonna follow this one for sure :popcorn

Willem

Awesome Jerry, looking forward to seeing more of this.

1/87?...Have you done some model railroading?

Tom

Small update. Got some more tiles cast and so finished the one side of the roof.still needs weathering.
IMG_1284_zps8a9d761a.jpg

Here is how the building will fit in. I am still in the planning stages with the whole thing so this is a snapshot of how things will look so far.
IMG_1283_zps611719ec.jpg

Enjoy,
J

Coming along nicely Jerry, looks like a lot of fun.

Do you have some vehicles planned for this?

Tom

Coming along nicely Jerry, looks like a lot of fun.

Do you have some vehicles planned for this?

Tom

I am still undecided Tom. This is one of those many projects that started on a whim as sort of a personal challenge to myself. It then quickly gets bogged down in ams and then usually never gets completed.
I have some ideas though. One of them is a Wehrmacht'46 scene but that one involves no vehicles.
When I get my eyelids healthy again my next vehicle build will be my new SdKfz251/11 conversion.
J

Cool. The weathering is over the top. Really like the moss/slime look from age and dampness. Very well done.
James

Back