• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Neat airbrush set.

jknaus

Administrator
Anyone heard of HBM? This looks like a nice set and inexpensive. Any way of finding out if they arte aany good or if they ship overseas? Ron or Matts?

https://www.hbm-machines.com/producten/airbrush/airbrush-pistolen/pagina-2/hbm-bd-813-airbrush-pistolenset#

hbm-l-2132.jpg-1920x1080-fb4e437c8d.jpg

James

At an auction I saw that HBM set. I dared not to get it because I had never heard of them. I had researched it on the internet,there is little to find about it btw. I saw different opinions about it. I saw reactions like; after I had used one of these airbrushes for the first time, it literally fell apart! :blink ..and; for that small amount of money it is a good set but you'd better get some spare parts stocking . They do send all over the Benelux Countries and possibly throughout Europe. On their site they say nothing about sending to North America anyway. I think it is better to send them an email to be sure if they do,if interested. I also heard that these sets are Chinese clones of known brands.

(think I will stick to my trusty Harder&Steenbeck Evolution and Tamiya HG airbrushes)

Gr,Ron.

Thanks Ron. 6 airbrushes for that price seems too good to be true, but then again sometimes you get lucky. Will carry on with what I have I guess.
Appreciate you checking.
James

No experience with that particular brand, I just have a general opinion on shopping for airbrushes.

ABs really are a precision instrument. Tolerances have to be slight for good function, otherwise you're fighting more than painting.

I have two Iwatas, one 30 and one 2 year old and the design is exactly the same, the only change over time is the box from wood to plastic. The 30 year old performs as good as it did on day one, I only got the second so I have a small chamber gravity feed for quick color changes as opposed to the older which is siphon.

A cheaper brush may copy the design and material, but if it isn't machined and assembled as well, it can't function as well.

Cheap has it's place, if you're spraying odd materials or glues that may screw up your brush, but saving a few bucks upfront on an AB usually means you'll pay for it either in frustration, replacement costs or ruined models.

Back