• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My other entry...

Jeeves

Well-- I don't have an official start photo with cell phone pic-- I had my kids bring it down last weekend while I was laid up in bed sans appendix. I went crazy building due to being bored and never thought about taking pics...so maybe this quote from the Latest Requisitions thread when I bought it should work...

Well-- in the spirit of the Dave Harper campaign, and considering my Gato sub has come along so easily, I thought about trying something else. Having recently read a book on the Marine Sherman tanks in the Pacific, I figured I'd try my hand at one...not sure if I will get to it right away but would like to...we'll see!
Models_006.jpg

I also have paints for the Dewoitine, Gato sub, and Matilda tank.

Here is where I stand now...
100_6934.JPG

100_6933.JPG

100_6932.JPG

Mike, since you don't have a start photo we'll do this as an honorary build, you have an official DHPC build with your Gato so that will earn you your campaign ribbon..now.

:popcorn

Am trying to fill the gaps in the front idlers...keeping fingers crossed.

As far as the Black Dog stuff goes...I love it, but the absence of instructions can be frustrating. The back snorkel appears to be too long coming out from the rear of the tank, but I'll be darned if I can find any great pics of what it should look like...here is what I have tacked on now...
007.jpg

As you can also see, the snorkel tops seem to be not the same...the bottom part on the rearmost one seems to be slightly wider...not sure how to fix that...any ideas?? If I should flip one over, which one?? :idonno :bang head

Here's where the turret stands now...
008.jpg

Mike, I totally missed where you had your appendix removed...MAN! hope you're doing better. Tank is looking great.

Thanks Bob...I'm good to go ;). Never had the characteristic pain or vomiting...which actually made it all a bit more tense. I would normally ignore something like that and keep pushing on but something told me to get it checked out. A good thing too as it was close to bursting ;)

You're right about wading trunks that one is out too far. Here are some pictures.

unloading-sherman-tank.jpg

id_m4_sherman_3_full.jpg

B)

Cool Terry-- many thanks...totally missed this!!

Well-- here is where I am with my wood plank armor...using a custom mix of Vallejo Model Air paints...plan on applying the camo over this and then wearing some of the paint off to reveal this underneath...right after I fix the rear wading trunk-- thanks again Terry-- you da man!!

005%7E0.jpg

006%7E0.jpg

Thanks Mats and Bob--

As soon as I get all the painting done, I plan on washing the heck out of this great detail on the Black Dog stuff ;)

OK...be honest with me-- trimmed down the resin plug...there was no distinct line to use as a guide-- not sure exactly how long the base should be...so I used a jig to cut it at least straight...is it OK??

003%7E0.jpg

Base of what, the funnel? Seems to me it would be a snug fit but i'm an aircraft guy, what do I know?

Well...decided to just go ahead and paint and see how it looks...took some pics so I could get a better perspective really. Still a long ways to go...but here is where I stand now...

005%7E3.jpg

004%7E2.jpg

Just ordered a 1/48 Japanese pillbox from Masterpiece Models that I hope to incorporate into a vignette with it...

Well...decided to just go ahead and paint and see how it looks...took some pics so I could get a better perspective really. Still a long ways to go...but here is where I stand now...

005%7E3.jpg

004%7E2.jpg

Just ordered a 1/48 Japanese pillbox from Masterpiece Models that I hope to incorporate into a vignette with it...

That pill box don't stand a chance!!

Really good Mike. :popcorn

Well-- here is something else I have been working on this week...tried my hand at Archer's USMC at Tarawa transfers-- was a little tough around all those bolts on the plank armor...still want to add some stowage and loads of weathering...trying to research what the terrain at Tarawa was-- would it be similar to Iwo Jima??

100_7113.jpg

100_7114.jpg

100_7115.jpg

Back