• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My other entry...

(y) Mike!

Doing a google search of Tarawa images looks like a yellow/white sandy beach. Definitely not Iwo Jima like.

OK...so nowhere near done...but I wanted to get an idea of how things would look altogether. Mixed up some celluclay and added some sand from the ocean from a past summer trip. The pillbox looks like it needs to be a bit more sunken and then I get to start weathering it...having trouble finding some USMC figures in this scale...might have one of my Tamiya Zero carrier crew figgies inside kind of hanging out one of the ports...haven't decided yet...here is the shot au natural...
008%7E6.jpg

And after an attempt to give the beach a bit more color...
015.jpg

I like it Mike, I think that pillbox would be a rusted hulk sitting out there. Even if it was fairly new, I mean how long were they sitting out there waiting for the invasion?

Back