• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

my first Diorama

My first attempt in 45 yeas, or so really just an exercise in painting . I couldn't really afford to paint anything back in the day. just glued it together and put the transfers on.

just about everything ended up with around 12 coats (just to see what this or that colour does ) the last coat being white trying to see if it would make some kind of snow/frost.

It isVerlindens "last defence base" I gave up on the figures and used cando instead , though I do not think they are that great and am sure I will be able to do better eventually. The idea was supposed to be the difference between the recruiting poster and the reality of the dead guy in front of the wall . But I think the cando figures detract from that considerably ,but I had to put something in the space. A book I read by Degralle said that 25% of all waffen ss soldiers died . And more than 30% were seriously injured. So you about a 50/50 chance of coming out unscathed. And I thought the legion was bad at 10% !

constructive advice greatly appreciated thanks
DSCI0297.JPG

DSCI0300.JPG

DSCI0304.JPG

DSCI0301.JPG

DSCI0299.JPG

For your first time doing a dio I think it came out looking great. One thing that makes great snow is actually baby powder. I've tried it once and it actually looks fairly convincing.

Back