• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My Dicker Max! - DONE!

Kreighshoer

remember my dicker max? -> http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net/xtremely-mighty-middleweights-f31/laura-s-dicker-max-update-08-24-2009-t1754.htm

well ... the gap on the fighting compartment still annoys me that much that i - besides having primed it - haven't even looked at the stored away kit!

but since this is the XMM group build i will return to this lil' creeper! and i will win!

whatever ... music to watch this posting: Frozen Plasma - Tanz die Revolution (english version)

that's where i left the build:

hullto10.jpg

hullto11.jpg

hullto12.jpg

needless to say that although i have masked the interior i primed it also! :blink so i will have to redo everything after having fixed that dreaded gap! my nemesis! my archenemy! my 'walking eagle'!

g060.gif

Re:My Dicker Max!

I"m turning into such an old man...had to turn the speakers down. But this build looks great Laura

Hi Laura,

This is the beastie I've been wanting to see.:cheer:

Don't let the gaps slow you down .
What you have done so far is excellent and we look forward to seeing you
posting more on this thing .

Great song :ro: :drink :cheer:

Michael

Come on Laura!

Finish it even if you have to resort to the old "tarp hiding the unwanted gap" trick.

(But frankly I don't think you'll have to get that far.) :)

ok - while waiting for german customs to get in gear so that the am stuff for the pz 3/k arrives i decided to take a deep breath and try to fill all those nasty gaps!

after several rounds of applying mr green and mr grey and sanding, sanding and more sanding the most visible gap is gone! the RHS fender gap is closed also thanks to a thin strip of styrene glued under the fender! the LHS fender still is my nemesis! i managed to glue it to the upper hull but while applying the grey color i heard the sound i didn't want to hear ... *craaaack* and there it was again ... that lovely gap!

a tarp will do the job now! i'm fed up with the LHS fender!

oh ... and while trying to tackle the fender problem i noticed that the muzzle brake wasn't alinged! *yawn* ... and guess what - while i layed my hands on this problem it broke away! :S ... drill surgery, inserting a wire and regluing needed! now the muzzle brake is perfectly vertical!

whatever ... with some old tunes back from 1987 in my winamp i did the first layer of darkened grey (tamiya grey+blue+black) ... tomorrow a second layer in the centers of the panels with tamiya grey will follow (with a little less black)

1987 tunes: The Neon Judgement - Chinese Black

firstpaintleft1_1_20091215_1935062389.jpg

firstpaintright2_4_20091215_1899209625.jpg

firstpaintleft2_3_20091215_1771277398.jpg

firstpaintright1_2_20091215_1468192932.jpg

g060.gif

Laura ,

This is till looking good.
Its just huge looking beast .

Thanks for the progress shots. :cheer:

Michael :)

Re:My Dicker Max! Update 15.12.2009

Laura

Kudos on your perserverance with this beast. I got so frustrated with my Dicker Max and is tuck away in the corner until I find my second or even third wind. Good work on the filling the gaps. This is definitely not a weekend slap together kit.

Have you decided whether it's going to be Max or Moritz?

Ahhh Laura this going to look good in spite of all the problems.

Still lookin fine!! :ro:

Terry B)

thanks dudes! :)

i couldn't wait and applied the second run of grey, painted all the wheels (yikes! i hate that!) and gave them a dryfitting with the trumpeter vinyl tracks! doesn't look that bad i say! excellent vinyl tracks!

Mighty Ninja wrote:
This is definitely not a weekend slap together kit.

oh no! indeed! it has cost me some nerves to come that far and thanks have to go out to mike - without him i wouldn't have continued!

Mighty Ninja wrote:
Have you decided whether it's going to be Max or Moritz?

:laugh:

good one!

since i cannibalized the trumpeter max whom i REALLY hated this will be the real max and trumpy's version was the moritz!

pics tomorrow!

See? I knew you could do it!!
The fenders in my Sdkfz 165 also have alignment problems so maybe Dragon is not doing them right.

Good work as always.
Ruben

thanks ruben! :cheer:

Ruben Lopez wrote:
The fenders in my Sdkfz 165 also have alignment problems so maybe Dragon is not doing them right.

nope - my fault! everything fitted perfectly in the dryrun - even several times! but as soon as i was about to glue the upper hull in place nothing fitted! so it's not a dml "feature" this time but the problem existed between the ears!

Laura i've slept once or twice so I don't remember reading the first part of your Max build so would you give me a little refresher here?Please.

This gap problem,is that a Trumpeter or DML clitch? I've got the DML and was confused as to which one or both have these gaps you're talking about.

Thanks
Tony Lee :unsure:

Tony Lee wrote:
This gap problem,is that a Trumpeter or DML clitch? I've got the DML and was confused as to which one or both have these gaps you're talking about.

DML it is! the kit! not the problem! like i wrote the dryfitting was perfect but murphy struck when i had applied glue!

if paid enough attention and with enough of care there won't be any gap with this kit!

the trumpeter kit was just knock-out-marks-pallooza!

Thanks very much Laura i'll be very attentive when I build mine.

Tony Lee

Hey Laura-
Glad to see you here and see the Dicker Max back!! How are we finishing her? Winter white wash, I hope? Yo :dude u could do a killer job on the Max with the high, straight sides...
Well, I'm sure it will look awesome however you finish it.

Shaggy :dude

Re:My Dicker Max! Update 16.12.2009

surely no whitewash! i've seen so many vehicles in whitewash - good and bad - that i can't see any whitewash anymore! i'm tiger- and whitewashtired!

Kraftwerk - Radioaktivität

as promised ... photos:

secondpaintright1_2_20091216_1331492717.jpg

secondpaintleft1_1_20091216_1286166168.jpg

slowly the kit's looking like armor!

painting the rubberbands (yikes!) and tools will be next! then it's time for decalvoodoo!

g060.gif

Me likes it Laura! Go gray all the way. (y)

Terry B)

I'm with you Laura; it looks so good that I wouldn't hide that beautiful gray with a whitewash!

Ruben

Re:My Dicker Max! Update 18.12.2009

yeah! go GREYS! :laugh:

have a last look at the max before i mess this paintjob up with weathering!

everytime i apply decals i am stunned of how effective the decalvoodoo works!
voodoo.gif

Rabia Sorda - Misery

decals3_3_20091218_1197483255.jpg

(yes, i know! a gap! *yawn* )

decals2_2_20091218_1626632701.jpg

decals1_1_20091218_1352756216.jpg

g060.gif

Back