• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My Dicker Max! - DONE!

Re:My Dicker Max!

Oh your not going to mess it up with weathering! Lookin good Laura!

Grey is here to stay (y)

Terry B)

The grey is the way, Laura, it really looks good! Makes me want one too. B)

thanks a lot all of you! :)

Iron Mike wrote:
Makes me want one too. B)

that's the highest kudos one can receive in my eyes! thank you!

so ... i call the max done! the pics aren't good at all since a lot of tonal variation is lost due to the lighting! i'll try to do better pics in the course of the day after having cleaned up my workspace! i had absolutely no space left to take the photos! :blush:

meet [strike]sideshow bob[/strike] ... erm ... rogue and The Crüxshadows - Winterborn

fertigrechts1_1_20091219_1878143753.jpg

fertiglinks1_2_20091219_1075450304.jpg

fertighinten1_3_20091219_1845932815.jpg

fertigvorne1_4_20091219_1902825479.jpg

next stop: Panzerbefehlswagen III Ausf. K

Very Nice,thats what I want to see :cheer: B)

great job .

Excellent effort

Cheers
Michael

thanks dudes!

the better pics as promised! i ask myself why i bothered painting the rubberbands since after dusting nothing of it is visible anymore!

very last thing to do will be the "tarp of shame" for the LHS! brmpf!

fertiglinks3_2_20091219_1758177529.jpg

fertiglinks2_1_20091219_1165839196.jpg

fertigrechts3_5_20091219_1929184633.jpg

fertigrechts2_4_20091219_1743933506.jpg

fertiglinks4_3_20091219_1752228870.jpg

fertigvorne2_1_20091219_1258804160.jpg

my favorite pic/perspective!

fertigvorne3_2_20091219_1575096243.jpg

Laura.

First of all congratulations; not only you finished it but you did one hell of a job building it. It looks great! (y)

Second, don't worry too much about the fender gap. The worst part is the area behind the wire cutters and you can cover it with a small rolled tarp so it doesn't obscure the fender too much.

BTW, maybe it's just thta is not visible in the photos but did you applied the discoloration to the muzzle brake?

Ruben

thanks dudes! :cheer:

Ruben Lopez wrote:
BTW, maybe it's just that is not visible in the photos but did you applied the discoloration to the muzzle brake?

i applied a HUGE blob of black oil paint to the muzzle brake! it's really dark, almost true evil blackest of black! no main barrel leaves my workshop in an else color than black!

it's just not obvious in the pics! ;)

Hey Laura
This is one large beast!
I've never seen one of these built before, but have heard the name bandied around. Did it see service or is it one of those papyrus pazers?!
It has a great grey cold steel look to it. Well done... (The soundtrack helps ;) )
Brad

thanks you two!

since i - and not only i - did notice some lousy silvering after the second set of photos i try to get rid of the silvering today! (next time i'll add more flat coat to the voodoo mixture ... seems like i accidently used too much water what foiled all the work! brmpf!)

BradJ wrote:
Did it see service or is it one of those papyrus pazers?!

two prototypes were built in 1941 and were about to be sent to spain for the invasion of gibraltar! when this operation was cancelled they were attached to pz.jgd.abt. 521 and sent to the eastern front!

one blew up due to ammo ignition, the other one returned to wunstorf inspring 1942 after having performed quite successful and killing a considerable amount of soviet tanks!

So, how did it compare to the Trumpeter offering?

you know you made me pull out that 'thing' and look at it again!

Regards,

Hi Laura,

When you said you were going to start modeling again, you meant it! How did you finish that so quickly? Anyway, it is great! Very good work!

What next?

Bob

thanks gents!

sharkmouth wrote:
So, how did it compare to the Trumpeter offering?

way better! worlds apart! several tricky spots and some tight fits but with enough attention everything fits perfect! i've seen builds with not the slightest gap - oh well ... it was one perfect build!

i would build that kit again! the trumpeter not!

sharkmouth wrote:
you know you made me pull out that 'thing' and look at it again!

:cheer: that makes me happy!

bob letterman wrote:
When you said you were going to start modeling again, you meant it!

i keep my promises! always!

bob letterman wrote:
How did you finish that so quickly? Anyway, it is great! Very good work!

easy - it sat on top of the stash in a box! primed and ready to close the main gap and paint it! not much!

bob letterman wrote:
What next?

this: http://www.tanksandthings.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=53&func=view&catid=12&id=3796

Well, thanks to you, I took out the Trumpeter kit and decided to use it for testing the airbrushes. Who knows, I may actually finish something in 2010! If I do, I blame you for ending this dry spell. :eek:hmy:
Regards,

Back