• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mustang Mania Campaign with a Stable for the Gallery?

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
Anything (figure or vehicle) with an Equidae lineage such as Mustangs, Ponies, Mules, Donkeys, Zebras, et cetera. A Stable forum for the Gallery and a Corral for the WIP posts can be used.

To be clear, it can be a mounted figure (the horse qualifies it), vehicle such as a car, truck, aircraft, or waterborne, or Native Americans, named after any of the Equidae family. Even those with DNA in the Equidae family (like postwar Mustang modifications). Campaign should be one year. Start approximately in the Fall.

Thoughts? Let them be known in the poll!

Regards,

Got a couple P-51Ds (Pacific) left after I'm done with the RAF build. Then there is always the whole slew of cars to choose from...from vintage street to tube frame race cars. :vgood:

I've got a mixed herd of Mustangs, Airfix, Eduard & Tamiya. The fall should see them back to the home quarter from summer pasture.

Cheers,
Rich

Yeah it should be. Hopefully the Gotterdammerung & Bf109 campaign builds will be done & thru the usual summer slow down.

Cheers,
Rich

My college-bound boy asked me to 'restore' one of his models (his first glued kit) that hung from his ceiling... an F-51D Mustang! Missing one stabilizer, both landing gear legs, and one prop blade barely attached. Since it had a sharkmouth scheme (from the older Academy Mustang with the Korean F-51D markings), I couldn't say no. Stripped of paint (no pilot inside so I need to find one), it is ready for repairs to the starboard flap edge. Markings will still be the Korean War F-51D taken from the Tamiya kit. The kit has a nice story and is the Hobby Boss, easy to build 72nd scale offering. My intent is to convert it into a desktop model. He can take it with him or it will be in my office.

EasyModelP-51D00.JPG

While looking for replacement stabilizers (I will change both as I know I have Tamiya's to spare after using CMK's replacements), I did an inventory of Mustangs in my storage bin.

Academy (old)
P-51D with F-51D markings (2 kits, one decal set used on the hobby Boss)
Academy (new) P-51D 1 kit
Tamiya F-51D (donating its propeller, rockets, stabilizers, and stand)

Accurate Miniatures

A-36 2 kits
P-51A
P-51B
ICM (Tamiya copy)
P-51C
Airfix
P-51D
Eduard
P-51D (2 sets of Overtrees)
Meng
P-51D 3 kits
Tamiya
P-51D 1 kit
Hasegawa
P-51D 1 kit

Dragon

F-6D (Recon P-51D) 1 kit - No one wanted it during the garage sale so it will be a desktop display kit using Tamiya's display stand.
Tamiya
P-51D 2 kits

Methinks, twenty is enough for a squadron!

Regards,

Would a Swedish J 26 work for this? It was a mustang but I don't think the Swed's called them that...

??

You're close to a Squadron, Saul. I have 19 B/C Mustangs, so I could do a squadron all of those versions. And another of D/K types 26 strong.

You're close to a Squadron, Saul. I have 19 B/C Mustangs, so I could do a squadron all of those versions. And another of D/K types 26 strong.
I had to choose not to continue to get kits, although eyeing the new Arma Hobby 72nd scale P-51B/C, as they are ALL slated for sharkmouth schemes... even that Hobby boss simplified kit which now has sentimental value.

Regards,

I definitely have too many kits, but my youngest my grandson is planning on inheriting them. I'm sure your armor collection far exceeds mine.

Back