• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mustang Mania Campaign with a Stable for the Gallery?

I responded that I had the book but my plans were for post-war Latin American Mustangs. A third person then chimed in that my post therefore belongs to the Post-War forum, not WWII. That complete post has since been deleted.
And they wonder why forums die.

And they wonder why forums die.
If the third person involved stated that the forums are based on year of usage, it would have made sense. I was posting a WWII aircraft in post-war use but with manufacturing marks (the inked stencils). I reposted the same today with the pages for the other one to look at since he was the one trying to tell me it wasn't used and to look at a specific book. That's one of the dangers of the Internet, you don't know if the person you're responding to will take you up on it. ;)

Forums are far better than FB. When I tried to log in at work with my new PC (to handle four monitors), FB stated that they locked me out (for my own good) and I need to go through a verifying process to unlock. After verification was completed, they signed me off every device (home, phone, tablet) and made me change my password three times as I was stuck in a loop. In the end I basically told them to F-off and signed off. I haven't been there as often and it feels good!

Regards,

Farcebook lost $200 B as folks are dropping off like flies. I am only barely on it as a way to keep in touch with certain people from high school, and for the way I can keep in touch with my daughter with video messenger. I never post much about what I do and never do likes on stuff anymore.

Farcebook lost $200 B as folks are dropping off like flies. I am only barely on it as a way to keep in touch with certain people from high school, and for the way I can keep in touch with my daughter with video messenger. I never post much about what I do and never do likes on stuff anymore.
Sadly, I need to keep it as some family members use it exclusively to communicate. It was the fastest way to learn of my cousin's passing to COVID. I wasted far too much time offering constructive criticism only to be called a rivet counter and know-it-all. Of course, the fact I wear a rivet counter moniker proudly irritates many as it is supposed to be an insult. I'm not one for the attaboy pats on the back (likes) and have taken down content (only to have admins complain and ask why since it had so many likes). I reply, what can I buy with the likes? Nothing? Then that is their worth!

So, getting back to the subject (my apologies for derailing it momentarily), I know we all voted enough for it to a 'GO!" but, I am VERY interested to see what subjects people are considering.

I know @MrT posted an OV-10 Bronco. Yes, I have sharkmouth decals for them but strangely I bought the wrong scales for the kits I own!
I am hoping someone will post a car like the Ford Mustang ( @Iron Mike ) and perhaps a mounted figure too.

Regards,

So, getting back to the subject (my apologies for derailing it momentarily), I know we all voted enough for it to a 'GO!" but, I am VERY interested to see what subjects people are considering.
Options that are towards the top of the list..

Most likely candidates...
- 1982 IMSA Mustang https://www.scalemates.com/kits/monogram-2297-16-ford-motorsport-imsa-mustang--176417
- 1997 SVE Mustang Super Stallion https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-85-2571-super-stallion-mustang--196595
- 1993 Mustang Cobra (kitbash into track/race car) https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-monogram-85-2530-93-mustang-cobra--186606

For winged Mustangs, I have Eduard's Pacific P-51D https://www.scalemates.com/kits/eduard-11142-very-long-range-tales-iwojima--1265919. But to be honest, after I finish the RAF Mustang and with the Bf & Hellcat on the cards for other GBs here I'm probably going to be WWIIed out...so this one will probably be towards the bottom of the front runners.

That Revell Super Stallion is a really great kit, has a very unique engine set up. I've got more on my to do list than I can accomplish right now, so I reserve the right to play if things change. I didn't vote, but seems there's more than enough interest to get it started or at least on the upcoming list. :vgood:

That Revell Super Stallion is a really great kit, has a very unique engine set up. I've got more on my to do list than I can accomplish right now, so I reserve the right to play if things change. I didn't vote, but seems there's more than enough interest to get it started or at least on the upcoming list. :vgood:
for some reason, I was thinking you would add to the four-wheel side :D

Being a year long, I am confident you will find a time slot comfortable for you.

Regards,

I have several P-51s and a bunch of decals from all over the world for them... I am sure I can slap one together...

I am aware of that John, from my days earning my A&P licenses at Aviation High School. I had to make the posts about the P-51 so I can copy & paste across the fora, one being the P51 SIG who are strict that the content be directly related to the special interest group.

Your memory matches mine; the sheets were red ink stamped on one side and we used to wash it off (not sure with alcohol or some other clear liquid) prior to buffing when they appeared on external surfaces. Internal surfaces were primer coated so they were not removed whenever they appeared on the interior side of the skin. Our teachers would stress grabbing the correct sheet to work on and also trying to get us to have the clean side as the outside. When mistakes occurred, the panel was reused with a different pattern which sometimes necessitated the stamping to be on the external surface.

Thanks for bringing back those 'old school' memories!

Wow, lots changed at the school I attended (then again, it was four decades ago when it was still all boys)!
Aviation High School

I see the school donated my favorite aircraft to the Historic Aircraft Restoration Project (HARP):

Yet, they still seem to have the A-4 Skyhawk that was rescued from the plinth at the base of the Verrazano Narrows Bridge once the military closed bases in the city.

OK, enough nostalgia!

Regards,
Saul, I got my A&P at Sacramento City College finished it in 1967. It looks like your school had some interesting airplanes. Ours had Champs and Cessna 140's we could fly. We did have a Temco Pinto which later got traded for a T-33, neither was flyable, of course.

FAD Numbers... some of the wildest schemes:

Source: Aerofax Datagraph 1: North American F-51 Mustangs in Latin American Air Force Service by John Dienst & Dan Hagedorn
1644324316120.png
1644324406257.png
FAD 1906 Red 2
1644324718359.jpeg

FAD 1910
P-51D FAD 1910 Gen Malagon.jpg
P-51D FAD 1910.jpg

FAD 1914 Blue 2
44-72123_01345_dr1.jpg

FAD 1915 Red 1
P-51D FAD 1915 Red 1 .jpg
P-51D FAD 1915 Red 1 Ramfisbyn.jpg

FAD 1919 Black 1
P-51D FAD 1919 Black 1 FAD_Escuadron_Caza_de_Ramfis_Line_Up.jpg

FAD 1928 Black 4
P-51D FAD 1928 Black 4.jpg

FAD 1929
P-51D FAD 1929.jpg

FAD 1936 Red 3
P-51D FAD 1936 Red 3.jpg

FAD Escuadrón Ramfis line-up
P-51D FAD BW.jpg
P-51D FAD lineup.jpg

Close-ups:
P-51D FAD Red.jpg
P-51D FAD.jpg

Regards,

Last edited:
Depending on when we start, I have the new armahobby P51 coming..it even has a teeth option for decals. If not that, it will be some eduard or revell mustang.

Depending on when we start, I have the new armahobby P51 coming..it even has a teeth option for decals. If not that, it will be some eduard or revell mustang.
It has two markings for the same aircraft (US & captured).
P-51C-11NT
Evalina

P-51C-11-NT 44-10816 Evalina 2Lt. Sam Mc Millan flying Strawbridge's plane.jpg

Captured by Japanese:
P-51C-11-NT44-10816Evalina 2Lt. Sam Mc Millan flying Strawbridge's plane.jpg

P-51C-11-NT 44-10816 Evalina 02 2Lt. Sam Mc Millan flying Strawbridge's plane.jpg

Sister aircraft Anna Henna with Chinese looking at her:
P-51C ChineseAmerican.jpg

P-51C ChineseAmerican rear.jpg

OD bird with same mouth:
P-51C JeanneIIIcolor.jpg

Regards,

That's the one. I think I have a decal sheet with a blue nose mustang with teeth. One of the early 352 ride. Don't quote me on that, as I do t have the sheet infront of me at the moment.

Back