• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Musing

I think I have the B-17 covered fairly well. Will be doing some research on the Lancaster and B-24 as the big ones are in my stash.

I tend to do my WWII aircraft with some small weathering,and wear and tear.My jets I make them factory finish,I don't know why just my feelings.
I always weather my armor,some more,some less.

The photos of the Ukraine Su 27 aircraft that I have saved up (pre war) the aircraft were VERY well maintained and had minimal weathering. The only thing I would do would be a very light pin wash to bring the panel lines and detail out. Then add a minimal oil stain under the engines. Also the aircraft were not a flat finish either.
View attachment 158937

View attachment 158938

View attachment 158939

I also believe these were fairly recently painted with this scheme and thus are like new. I have some photos with older paint schemes and they are quite worn.
I bet they don't look like that now after actually being in combat with no time between sorties for the airshow finish.

For my money I would do some weathering but you know me, thats what I do. I think there is more artistic satisfaction in striving for that extra realism.

Back