• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MrT's Bomber Command Group Build Entry Summary

Boy this is shaping up to be a pretty prestigious Group Build!!! Lots of top shelf builders here......I may have to slink off to the knitting corner.:unsure:

I'm in it so it cant be all top shelf modelers. Besides I don't know how to knit. So pull up a chair down my end of the bench and we'll cobble something together :laugh:

James

Deal!! you teach me how to build and I'll teach you how to knit!:laugh: :laugh:

Just wait till I start the Merkava......UUUhhhh where do the tracks go????:gogo :gogo

Don't go away! You have not seen the planes I make. Could be very bad :pinch:

Terry B)

Boy this is shaping up to be a pretty prestigious Group Build!!! Lots of top shelf builders here......I may have to slink off to the knitting corner.:unsure:
James' with us: great!
101.gif
You guys think it had something to do with my "grovelling"...?
emoticon_confused.gif
:D Now there's Iron Mike and some other big shots that could come and make us company.
emoticon_nod.gif

Let the games begin! :)

Cheers! B)
Fernao

Sorry Greg, but I beat you to the knitting corner :D . I'm going to take a nicely engineered kit with some nicely engineered photo-etch and make it look like a one armed paper hanger with a case of the hives put it together :Hiay :Hiay

Tom

Yes, make up my own. sort of. Think back to my F107 WIF. Real bomber but completely unrealistic paint scheme.

Sorta like a F16 in yellow wings scheme. or an SB3 in Medium Blue scheme.

thumb_11_08M.jpg

While trying to get to my A-20 stash (well hidden inside a bin) I found a box with the Classic Airframes Do-17P. No sharkmouth but I looked inside. Lo and Behold, had bought the RS Models Do-17Ka from Squadron Mail Order when it was half off!

Now I can build this!
Bulg_Sharkmouth_Port.jpg

Bulg_Sharkmouth_Stb.jpg

I will need to look at both kits and make a decision. I could ask for a poll.

Moon Puppy, are polls available?

Regards,

here is the kit:
Do-17K_kit_001.JPG

May need to wait as well until I get further done with the Cuban Sherman.

Regards,

Ok, I am thinking in joining in on this GB as well since there is still most of the year to finish it. Does it have to be a pure bomber or will something like a Typhoon do? As far as bombers are concerned I have the following options to choose from,
Matchbox 1/32 Dauntless
Fujimi 1/72 Ju-87 Stuka BR
Accurate Minitures 1/48 Wind Indicator
Dragon SU-24 Fencer and
Trumpeter 1/72 Tu-16 Badger

and AmTech's 1/72 Ju-88 S1 / T1

Joe

Fernao,

I am leaning towards the Badger, then Fencer and then the Vindicator with the Dauntless in 4th.I am leaning towards the Badger because a. its not prop driven and b. it would be the only non-western plane in this GB if I am not mistaken.

Joe

Ok, I am thinking in joining in on this GB as well since there is still most of the year to finish it. Does it have to be a pure bomber or will something like a Typhoon do? As far as bombers are concerned I have the following options to choose from,
Matchbox 1/32 Dauntless
Fujimi 1/72 Ju-87 Stuka BR
Accurate Minitures 1/48 Wind Indicator
Dragon SU-24 Fencer and
Trumpeter 1/72 Tu-16 Badger

and AmTech's 1/72 Ju-88 S1 / T1

Joe

It has to pure bomber. Not a fighter carrying a bomb or some guy throwing a hand grenade out the window. This also includes alot of multi-role fighters. The plane needs to be specically designed to be a bomber as its sole purpose.

Terry :D

Back