• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MrT & Kid's

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
The kid's and I started a project today. We are working on some 21st Century kits. Two Stuka's and Corsair. These kits are great for kids or a beginner. The parts are not on sprues and some parts are held together with screws, but still require some skill to build. They are 1/32 scale. Some details are good and some are not, but perfect for the beginner. So stay tuned and we will see how things come out.

Terry B)

DSC07196.JPG

DSC07197.JPG

DSC07198.JPG

DSC07199.JPG

DSC07200.JPG

B)

Oh, I know your kids will enjoy them. While technically toys, these are the kit versions which were designed in some cases by Roy Sutherland (Cooper Details fame for those aircraft modelers amongst us).

I had the Bf-109G and found it to be a VERY nice kit. My son has the 1:18th scale Stuka over his head.

I will be watching since I know the grins will not wear off.

Regards,

watch out for the wing fold and the gfear on that corsair. I built two of those kits and never got them right. I really must be a lummox.

Oh, I know your kids will enjoy them. While technically toys, these are the kit versions which were designed in some cases by Roy Sutherland (Cooper Details fame for those aircraft modelers amongst us).

I had the Bf-109G and found it to be a VERY nice kit. My son has the 1:18th scale Stuka over his head.

I will be watching since I know the grins will not wear off.

Regards,

Some of them are pretty good and decals are great.

B)

watch out for the wing fold and the gfear on that corsair. I built two of those kits and never got them right. I really must be a lummox.

We won't be folding any wings, but we'll watch out just the same.

Thanks.

B)

Cool. Fantastic family entertainment, and the looks on the young uns faces are priceless (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

James

Cool pictures T . Good to see more young blood interested in the hobby.

I had no idea Roy Sutherland and cooper details were the same. Best resin kits I've ever had in 1/72 and quite affordable.
I hate they're no longer in production.

Cheers, Christian B)

Agreed...I had fun building the 109 and Corsair for my son...and the decals were very sweet...not bad for $10! I remember how difficult it was to find the Stuka. Could never find it around here...but while on vacation in the Thousand Islands, I went into the Walmart there on a whim and they had one left! I felt like I had found the Holy Grail. Still have it in the stash...I like building them after those tougher builds where you just want to go back to basics.

The figures they include in them are also pretty nice...

Back