• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MPM 1/72 Bf109v1

jeaton01

Here's one that just got to the shelf, and some pictures of it with a few of its adversaries. It wasn't too hard to get together, though I left off a few of the tiny PE parts like the aileron counterweights and the gear scissors, too small and fragile for me. Aizu .7 mm tape painted buff for the seat belts. There are build pictures on my website: http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/me109/4me109/4me109.html

Model Master RLM 63 overall, with Tamiya acrylics for the other colors. Decals were laser printed for the a/c info on the rudder, the swastika, and the black areas at the wing roots, I have no idea what they might be. Other markings are masked and painted. While the kit supplied decals, they were by Propagteam and I've never had much luck with that brand. I found with the fuselage markings that spraying a black field, applying the masks, and then overcoating with RLM 63 worked better than trying to do it the other way. Masks were made for the canopy, which I think is hindered by overly pronounced framing. In this scale no framing might be better, just paint. The pictures I've found of very early 109's have very thin framing members. Hard for me to do with paint in 1/72, decal stripes might be best.

0164me109.jpg

0174me109.jpg

0214me109.jpg

0294me109.jpg

0264me109.jpg

That looks neat. Nice build and love the collection. Shows the size differences perfectly.
James

Thanks, all. I have an MPM 1/72 Fw190v1 also, but don't have the will to build it right now. It looks a little rougher on the sprue than this one and I don't understand that because it is a higher kit number from MPM.

Thanks, Mo and Warren. Yes, small can be good. So far as 350, mph, though, if it's a guy like Eric Hartmann on your tail relative speed is not a factor!

Back