• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Moonpup's Nemesis!

thanks dudes! me happy! :mpup

Ken Abrams wrote:
For that range chart thingy on the backside, would it be plausible to use a freshly sharpened white colored pencil?

yepp! that was one of my ideas but to have or not to have is the question! the only white pencil like thingy i have is an eraser pencil i use for airbrushing paintings - no good idea to use that on a painted model!

Laura,

I have been watching this build and I have to say your 88 is the best one I have seen. Simply excellent work! Moon Pup better fly higher because your gun is killer. Keep up the great work.

Terry B)

Now that is a major kewl paint job , the camo is that good , the first that Moon Pup will know , is there are 88mm holes in his wings :laugh: !

Now I wish you would not post non linky headings in Red as I was wondering why the U tube link was not working like this one HERE ;)

Jenny :kiss:

Laura,

If you have a Range Chart decal from, let's say, a Dragon 17cm gun... why not photocopy on thin paper and glue?

If you don't, I can scan mine for you and e-mail it. Just let me know.

Great gun by the way but don't shoot at my aircraft!
:evil:

Regards,

thanks a lot all of you! :mpup

randy_ditton wrote:
So which would you recomend, AFV or Dragon?

both kits are genius! both require some work and benefit from pe but they cannot really be compared to each other!

if you want a perfect 88mm FlaK 18 you have no alternative to the AFV-Club and there's no way around the DML kit if you want a perfect 88mm FlaK 36!

i for my part would build any of both without hesitation!

saúl - thanks for the offer but if i decide to add that range chart again i'll go with gary's genius tip! -> http://www.tanksandthings.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=53&func=view&catid=36&id=15608

It is a good tip indeed. I print mine (scanned image)onto silver decal paper (from SuperScale). Printing on clear and decaling aluminum foil looks even better!

Regards,

I was tossing up between the Lion Roar and Voyager etch for this baby. After seeing your effort I am kicking myself for not wanting to wait for the Voager to be in stock and settling on the Lion Roar stuff.
That is one sweet looking 88mm I must say.
I like the reels and etch seat from voyager. Although I am not looking forward to the one thing the same with both aftermarket kits..and that is the hinges on the boxes. Makes me wish I had little hands and fingers.

thanks joanne!

hmmmmmm - i should get the figures finished to be able to weather the flak and finally install everything on a diobase! :S

you know what? the lionroar set has the correct shield with a small gap between main shield and sides! voyager not! that's something annoying me for some time already!

so be glad to have the lionroar set, see the positive sides!

i would do the voyager treatment again, for sure - but that shield issue really is a definite setback!

the hinges on the boxes aren't that hard to do, there's nothing to be afraid of! i say that and hinges are MY nemesis!

all you should watch out for is NOT to punch holes in your boxes when it's up to recreate the bolts like i did! one of my boxes has three beautiful holes!

whatever ...

i would love to see a sbs of your flak! we can never have enough flaks on tnt! jenny and i would be most pleased to see yours!

yesterday i dug out the flak and another flak with halftrack to finish both!

i had thought that the flak18 was done but noticed that i had forgotten to paint the cleaning rod! :blush:

all three and the flak 36 bogeys received a gentle dark brown washing, flak18 and sdkfz7 already look like i want them to look, the flak36 still needs some dusting, then it will be pigment time! after that all is done and i can go on - finally!

OF COURSE tons of pe parts snipped off while doing the washing, particularly on the flak18 what was more difficult to repair!

Welle: Erdball - Die Falsche Front

88mmflak18_20100516_2050085372.jpg

sdkfz71_20100516_1500535974.jpg

88mmflak36bogeys_20100516_2099942459.jpg

88mmflak36_20100516_1741917303.jpg

in reality the flaks and the halftrack have way more different shades that resembled in the pics! i also wonder about those strange dots on the flak36 shield since they are not there in reality - checked it!

whatever!

g060.gif

Kreighshoer wrote:
yesterday i dug out the flak and another flak with halftrack to finish both!

snipped

in reality the flaks and the halftrack have way more different shades that resembled in the pics! i also wonder about those strange dots on the flak36 shield since they are not there in reality - checked it!

whatever!

g060.gif

Hi there.

Is it possible that the dust on the gun shield is really dust on the camera lens?

Cheers from Peter

Tankbuilder wrote:
Is it possible that the dust on the gun shield is really dust on the camera lens?

impossible! the lens is perfectly clean!

i just attached the shield to the gun and found what it was! i don't know why but somehow plaster dust has found it's way on the shield after taking it out of the box where it was stored and placing it on the bench!

i brushed that offensive plaster off with a brush!

and i have no clue how on earth this could have happened! futile to speculate anyway!

Kreighshoer wrote:
and i have no clue how on earth this could have happened! futile to speculate anyway!

My guess :unsure: would be the woodpeckers are sneaking in while you are not looking :pinch: :laugh:

But you have a whole lot of really cool looking Flak going on there. And the Sdkfz is also real sweet. I was just wondering how long it is going to be until you have an entire battery?

Gary B)

What the flak? Did they multiply since my last visit? :D

Which kit is the halftrack? Dragon?

Regards,

G Cooper wrote:
But you have a whole lot of really cool looking Flak going on there. And the Sdkfz is also real sweet. I was just wondering how long it is going to be until you have an entire battery?

thanks gary! :)

if it was my way, not long! one more afv-club and one more dml 36 with part or voyager pe and i would be happy!

and had a battery!

sharkmouth wrote:
What the flak? Did they multiply since my last visit? :D

Which kit is the halftrack? Dragon?

the idea grew when i realized that i had to do a diorama for the 36 and thought one flak would be boring. then i remembered the combo of 18+halftrack i had built short before i was invited to register here!

the halftrack is the old tamiya one with two sets eduard pe and friul tracks! was a lot of work! :S

Maybe it's the same thing that happened to my Alpine figures. Flash picked up stuff that you couldn't see. I took a big soft brush and gave them a good dusting. Maybe you need to do the same for the shield.

The Gun and HT Rock! Can't wait to see it all crewed up.

Hey Laura,

The PE work on this build looked fantastic!

I have never been happy with my weathering on anything the first time out. I just keep fiddling with it till I do!

Really nice job!

Bob

Back