• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Moonpup's Nemesis!

Kreighshoer

this babe was on my 'todo' list for ages now and i finally couldn't wait anymore to start it!

since Welle: Erdball was in my winamp already i thought i should do moon pup a favour and share this song with you: Welle: Erdball - Starfighter F-104G

dml6260_20100131_1385215853.jpg

"After the battle at Halfaya Pass a member of Rommel's staff overheard a captured British tank driver under interrogation expressing his indignation: In my opinion said the Englishman, with an unfriendly glance at a near-by 88, it is unfair to use 'flak' against our tanks.
A German artilleryman who was sitting on his haunches near by, listening to the interpretation, interjected excitedly, Ja, and I think it most unfair of you to attack with tanks whose armour nothing but an 88 will penetrate."

(taken from: www.achtungpanzer.com)

during this battle a battery (four guns) of 88's knocked out 11 of 12 attacking british tanks of the first wave!

i wasn't in the mood for pe work today and didn't want to jump into the voyager madness so i only did step 1 so far:

barrel_20100131_1394401054.jpg

g060.gif

Hehehehehehe :laugh: :woohoo: Hey Moon Pup thats 88 good reasons to give up flying :woohoo: , have a look how quick these beasties would stop a tank and it is no wonder they make short work of those unarmoured flying thingies . Hehehehehehehehe

Jenny :kiss:

Y'all just ain't right..This may call for a SEAD GB.

Looking at the box art I think it's pretty obvious they are taking aim on some armor so I fear not!

Nice pic of a Liberator

Nice song Laura - well the German traumatic relationship to the F-104, the "widow maker" or "coffin nail" as it was named here :)

mlp wrote:
Nice pic of a Liberator

Nice song Laura - well the German traumatic relationship to the F-104, the "widow maker" or "coffin nail" as it was named here :)

or lawn dart!

bob - the box art also shows a whitewash i surely won't do! ;) you're correct that i will build it in firing position for ground warfare but you know how quickly the 88 could be elevated for AA fire? hehehe!

i edited the first post with some introduction text of the 88!

EEeeeewwwwww. Keeeeeeeewwwwwwwlllllllll :cheer:

So, is this going to be straight out of the box? Or are you going to use the major photo etch set on this, and just haven't started on that part of the build yet? This is going to be so neat watching someone go through one of these. And especially so since it is you that can do such a great job :) .

But I really shouldn't watch this though :unsure: , as I have been thinking hard :pinch: about doing a series of artillery pieces. And I always thought that the 88 would be the start of it for me. And I have enough problems throwing in the occasional airplane, and the once every 5 or 10 years ship or race car.

Gary B)

this babe will get the voyager treatment gary! :)

i just returned from the bench after having glued 26 hexnuts in place on the gun shield! :blink now i'm ready for the nuthouse! strange - everytime i build a 88 the gun shield is badly warped so i always have a good excuse to use pe!

if you want to build a 88 give the afv-club flak18 a try together with the voyager set! very sweet stuff! this kit seems to be way cool also but i can say that the afv-club gun was fun from beginning to end and very enjoyable!

moon puppy wrote:
Y'all just ain't right..This may call for a SEAD GB.

Another idea would be a "Moonpup's Nemesis Group Build". Simple - If it can shoot down a flying thingy, then build it! :woohoo:

Looking at the box art I think it's pretty obvious they are taking aim on some armor so I fear not!

The way I see the box art, is that the 88 is just warming up with some target practice on some mud crawlers, before getting serious on taking down those crazy flying machines... :laugh:

Humans aren't meant to fly.... It's not right and it's just plain wrong... :blink

Thanks for the film! The F-104G and the training variant TF-104G were definitely widow-makers as they were nothing more than an armed dart. An engine, a little fuel, gun, missiles, and pilot. Look at the stubby wings?

Of course, they also showed the X-15 which looks similar in the wing size department but was rocket propelled.

By the way, nice gun! Highly unlikely you would hit either the F/TF-104G or the F-15 with it but, with the former, it would probably fall out of the sky on its own!

Regards,

Laura,
Great so far, and I'm sure that there will be lots more added. ;)

As for "Moonpup's Nemesis Group Build", we could just make planes that are
crashed too. Heck for that matter, we could just make a large hole in
the ground or a building and add some plane pieces... :blink :eek:hmy:

That's the way I like to model them anyways. :evil:

Shawn

jenny croft wrote:
I wanna see an update on your 88mm Holepunch :laugh:

thou wish - my command!

uff - finished the shield! wasn't very easy to make all hinges workable! the gunner's sight was fun in particular since the dml part for the handle is superior to the voyager part but the holes were too small for that piece so i had to carefully widen all of them!

nuthouse, nuthouse - here i come!

Ultravox - The Voice (the voices in my head keep yelling "more pe damnit!")

shield1_20100202_1302316940.jpg

shield2_20100202_1458590151.jpg

shield3_20100202_1361222146.jpg

g060.gif

EDIT: argh! i just noticed that two hexnuts snapped off! gna!

ozelot wrote:
If you need reference pics - I have done a walkaround from the FLAK 36 in Full (Switzerland)

Guenther,

What about sharing will all in the Trusty/Crusty/Dusty/Rusty page?

Regards,

Eeww :pinch: . I hate it when you put in a couple hours on something and it looks like it took about 2 minutes :eek:hmy: . But it still looks good :) . And the cradle assembly looks like it is ready for some paint. Are you going to assemble the entire gun before you paint, or paint in subassemblies?

Gary B)

pup i cant help but ask why are you scared of these? :huh:

Back