• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Moon Puppy's 75mm GMC M3 Halftrack

Hey Pup , stellar pe work !!!

The 1/1 scale house addition also looks excellent !!!

Don't worry a few beers will convince you to tackle the paint work , ....... speaking of tackle , ......... just about a month or so and it's .....................

bottlesmf_20100718_1314055925.jpg

Thank you Michael, coming from a pro like you that means a lot.

Folks, I have power in the Garage. The AC is still out but it will be restored tomorrow. My Bride is planning a whirlwind tour of the stores this weekend and leaving me to my own wits. After a week being denied my workbench, I think you'll know where to find me.

Awesome, Moonie

I'm all thumbs, pop bottle-bottom glasses and carpet searches when I try PE. But, I certainly respect and admire those who successfully walk through the valley of death.
I can't wait to see more updates.

Peace and Love,
DioRandy

Work has resumed, rest asured. I got the power back on in the garage on Thursday and I spent most of this AM getting the AC installed and setup. Pretty neat window unit with a remote control and everything.

Started work on the side walls of the cabs. Lots to do there but not as much as it could be. At least I"m keeping the hood closed on this one.

Iron Mike wrote:
FOOTBALL SEASON! :ro:

:ro: :drink :ro: :whistle: Yeah FOOTBALL Season !!! C'mon RAIDERS !!!

& Fantasy Football Season !! :drink (y) :ro:

MOONIE - GLAD that you fixed up th Shed & are able to get back on th Bench !!! It's a Scorcher Down here in th South - Richmond V.A. was 108 F with th HEAT INDEX !! That A.C. has already paid for it's self !! :drink

ERIK

GMC236.jpg

Sidewalls worked up

GMC237.jpg

Detail of the lock bracket thingy

GMC238.jpg

What da...?

DSCF0008.jpg

Now THIS, this is an soldering iron. I have gotten tired of these small 25 amp irons taking too much time to heat up and the overkill of the blowtorch that little wireless battery powered one? ptth...
This is direct and too the point. Replaceable tips and full heat in a matter of seconds.

Moon, you are an awesome dude indeed!

Two weeks ago I was jammed behind the seats of my Spyder with one of those Weller monsters in my mitt, soldering one of the defroster connectors to the lead. These babies don't screw around, with the aded benefit of building up your grip strength while you work. :gogo

good stuff there bob! all that shiny brass! melikes!

i wish i still had my weller soldering station! :( soldering was so easy with it!

Nope...sorry, no prize for Ken. I'll have a better hint if I get a chance to get in the shop this evening.

Ken Abrams wrote:
moon puppy wrote:
GMC238.jpg

What da...?

If I had to guess, I 'd say it was the start of a scratch built aerial base.

B)

Machine gun mount?

btw very nice. Have no idea how you wield that big old brute and make sch fine joints though.
James

I can't figure out how you bent that big ol' dang socket either...Not a machine gun mount. this is mounted inside the cab.

It's the doohickey that holds the strombulator, right? :laugh: Looks quite convincing!

Back