• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Modern Aircraft

Been looking through the stash and thinking ahead for this campaign. Not trying to come-off as 'one-of-those-guys' who always has the right kit at the right time, but in this instance I'm kinda spoilt for choice, (I'm just lucky, not rich !!).

So with that in mind I think I've narrowed my choice down to these three:

hde65743.jpg

ha362c6f.jpg

h2a88ac6.jpg

All are great kits, all are in the OoB today, and I've never built any of them before. This is really turning in to a 'head scratcher'. Lucky I've still got a few weeks to get-off-the-fence and make a decision.

Ian.

If the start and end dates work for me I can throw in with a F-4B Phantom in Viet Nam era Marines markings.

I'm thinking about one of these thingymajigs. Not a plane not a helicopter so it must a thingymajig.

67_o.jpg

These were taking off of the ship my boy is on.

More reference photos here

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/the-real-thing/150297-modern-aircraft-campaign-reference

Dug in the stash for some kits for this, now just have to pick one :idonno

DSC02833_zpsola6chgf.jpg

I still want an Osprey but also think I should knock one out of stash :hmmm

Dug in the stash for some kits for this, now just have to pick one :idonno

DSC02833_zpsola6chgf.jpg

I still want an Osprey but also think I should knock one out of stash :hmmm

Strangely enough, I am not sure just what modern aircraft means .

The F-16's were the absolute newest and greatest when they first entered service at Nellis in 1982 .

However, that 33 years ago. The world is now on generation 5 aircraft which is way more sophisticated than that.

Not many airframes qualify for that :idonno So, I am curious about MA's definition of modern ? ? ?

Cheers, Christian B)

This would be open to any aircraft after WWII.

Chris, any post war design.

In our case, "Modern" is relative. :pilot

I guess by post war you are referring to WW II , because we have been embroiled in several wars since then . They just were not world wars .

IE: Korea, Vietnam and a couple of rounds in the Middle East as of late.

Personally I almost got drug into the war between the North and South when I first got assigned to Southern Georgia :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Sounds interesting and I have lots of fodder that meets the requirements the problem will be choosing something that I have a prayer of finishing during the peak of my outdoor activity time. :hmmm :idonno

Back