• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Modern Aircraft

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
Well since we are doing a modern armor campaign, how about a modern aircraft campaign in the future? This would be open to any aircraft after WWII.

If you need some info I think I saw one or two of those around here somewhere Mike.
James

I'm in. I would say though that to be honest I would limit it to Vietnam era and onwards as that conflict dictated a lot to what we see as modern combat aircraft today and the roles they perform. It was a turning point in their development. I wouldn't class a F-80 or even a F-86 as modern - would you? Just my 2p worth :)

I was going to say something along similar lines to what Dave said. The mid-sixties and forward still gives around 40 years worth of aircraft to choose from.

I'm in. I would say though that to be honest I would limit it to Vietnam era and onwards as that conflict dictated a lot to what we see as modern combat aircraft today and the roles they perform. It was a turning point in their development. I wouldn't class a F-80 or even a F-86 as modern - would you? Just my 2p worth :)

I was going to ask to define "After" WWII, like the P80 was designed and flew during the war, clearly not modern. I dare say that the Century Series jets would not be modern. So maybe a clear definition of Modern is needed here.

But i'm in, I've always wanted to do like an A10 loaded for bear.. :good:

Jeff, can I mix-this-up-a-bit...

...how about NATO Aircraft ?? - not as broad as your original suggestion but covers almost all the same bases. From the aforementioned P-80 through to Mirages, Lightnings, Freedom fighters and on to the 'Teen series and ending with Rafales and Eurofighters....

...plenty to choose from :coolio

Ian

If you need some info I think I saw one or two of those around here somewhere Mike.
James

Thanks James! I have some great photos of cf-188s both during Operation Mobile and on the return home, but I sure would love any help you can offer once we get started!

11 votes should be enough BUT there is a whole lot going on at the moment. Would June July start up not be good?

We'll surely put it on our list of future campaigns but I doubt we'll have anything firing up till we clear out some that are current.

In the meantime, take your pick from all the Campaigns we got going on now! :pilot :soldier

I could go for this. Have the Trumpy A-10 I picked up a while back for a steal. Have all the goodies to go with it, just need a build time, though 6 months might be a bit tight.

And A 10...I would love to do one with a full CAS load out, cocked and ready to fly. Early F16A when the lines were still nice clean and trim, I can't believe what they have do to the Falcon with all those blister things off the side of it now. You wouldn't give a Falcon a carrier pigeon duties now would ya?

Now there's an idea for this campaign, thanks Bob.

A (late model) F-16 without all the ordnance and pods.... H*ll that would be just fine for me !!

Ian

I have always dreamed of doing an early F16 from Israel that was used on the atack on the reactor in Iraq Nice full load out, interesting camo and great piece of history

Back