• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Modeling Black Holes and absolute Frustration

jknaus

Administrator
Just so CRANKY right now. I finally got not just one good modeling session in yesterday, but 2. Building a S-300 system and I was feeling good and also not feeling pain. Second pop at modeling in the afternoon and I have some parts for a hydraulic ram to raise and lower the TEL. Dropped a file and bent down to pick it up. One piece which was fairly large decided to jump. After a good hour last night and this morning I can only guess a Black Hole opened up taking the part to another dimension. Now the kit is put away until I can get a replacement sprue. So Frustrated. Oh well I guess I'll carry on my anti aircraft theme and start on a flak gun. I did get some 3D in, 60 hours worth of printing in FDM and Resin to make a Medusa though.
James

They often turn up in the strangest of places long after you need them.

I once lost a small pe part while gluing it on the model. Had to scratch a replacement which took a few tries. Later that night I’m shaving to go to a wedding reception and noticed some shiny golden bling on the edge of my palm…

I feel ya James, it's been hard for me to get started back, hoping the floor in the shed will be forgiving of tweezer launch. Was thinking I'd dig into the dozer today and see how things flow.

I feel the pain James....this happened to me this week and last week on various small parts but I found them the next day in places 'miles away' from where they jumped. Have a look tomorrow at the edges of your area where you thought they could go and you will probably find them. :hmm:

If your tweezers are launching more than usual, you probably need to redo the tips. Don't forget I posted a tutorial on how to redo tweezer tips in the TOOLS section of the forum. It can make a big difference.

Tool Time Tweezers
Not tweezer launched. The parts were sitting on the desk about 6 inches from the edge. Bent down to pick up tweezers and one part jumped. Aggravating.

Did you check in your beard?

😂

As far as tweezers and launches, these are by far the best tweezers I’ve ever had for keeping things from pinging across the room.

50555EAF-A210-468D-B84B-9E4BB2FB7A82.jpeg

Absolutely! 🤣

I only just recently shaved it all off, way too hot lately. But yeah, I found all sorts of things in there at times.

Back