• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mitsubishi G4M2A Type 1 Model 24 "BETTY"

Hello all,

So I took Piet's and Christian's advice and used the plug for an indwelling urinary catheter as a "cone" covered in sandpaper. It works! :yipee

The opening on the fuselage is not perfectly round due to the convexity of the fuselage but it is even. See for yourself:

hf7d6be6.JPG

hc339601.JPG

h42c1f78.JPG

I have finished the re-scribing and now the beast is assembled. Lots of fitting and adjusting but all in all ok. Now I have to deal with the seam lines... Whichever way possible, haven't figured it out yet.

Thanks for looking and for your comments.

Alex

h4e1bef9_2015-11-09.JPG

h7e58677_2015-11-09.JPG

h463aba7_2015-11-09.JPG

h3c456f0.JPG

hd5a897a.JPG

h77ecdbd.JPG

Great idea Alex . Some of the most useful tools come from unexpected places .

Man that thing looks barbaric :sick:

Cheers, Christian B)

Many many thanks my friends!

I appreciate your comments and encouragement. As for the masking, I could spend a whole day with a 11 blade knife in my hands just working on these small incisions. Just love it.

So now I tried to patch up some of those pesky seam lines and the Betty has received her aluminium primer. After this, time for a Future + Salt treatment in the Spa. Let's hope I get it right (never done it before) :idonno

Cheers and talk to you soon.

Alex

hed467bc.JPG

ha7c0350.JPG

h3ea316f.JPG

Hello everyone,

So I was able to get some more work done. The main painting is finished and it took me 4 coats to get the desired effect (sort of "metallic"). Also salt can be used in brush painting, although one have to be careful not to use to much paint around it. I have removed some of the salt kernels to give the effect of different "ages" in the chipping. Now on to decals and further chipping/weathering. I had never used salt before, so your comments are greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Alex

P.S. Sorry if the images are dark. New Mobile, still getting used to the camera...

h03f47ca.JPG

he3e0ea7.JPG

ha1da9f6.JPG

Back