• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mitsubishi G4M2A Type 1 Model 24 "BETTY"

Flyingbabydoc

My first campaign...

So here it goes. This is my entry for the campaign. I will be adding a lot of PE and hope to reproduce the Betty from the 381 Kokutai (Dai 703 Sentai) based at Koyama AB in 1945 (serial Nr. 81-926). If all goes well, I will try to display it on a diorama of the base, got some Hasegawa Trucks on the way for that.

There will be little or no progress in the next 2 weeks since I will be (finally) on vacation :ro:.
After that I should be able to post some progress. :blush:

Thanks for the opportunity and for looking. Let's hope I don't screw up (too much) this time.

Cheers all,

Alex

hee4fefa.jpg

h896da79.JPG

Nice Choice ... Enjoy your Vacation ... and get some rest ... We'll keep the lights on for ya ... !!! (y)

Thanks guys!

Tim, I have no honey-do list except the traditional shopping duties of carrying bags and sitting in uncomfortable chairs while she tries on new clothes.
Seriously there should be a bar or at least a video-game lounge in every major retail store!
Actually I am not being fair.y wife is pretty good about it. We will take our son for his second trip to the mountains in Austria. And mom will relax in the spa while dad takes him swimming and hiking. Should be fun!
Cheers
Alex

Enjoy your time off Alex ... You deserve it ... but when you get back ... We want some more Betty ... :pilot

Thanks guys!

Tim, I have no honey-do list except the traditional shopping duties of carrying bags and sitting in uncomfortable chairs while she tries on new clothes.
Seriously there should be a bar or at least a video-game lounge in every major retail store!
Actually I am not being fair.y wife is pretty good about it. We will take our son for his second trip to the mountains in Austria. And mom will relax in the spa while dad takes him swimming and hiking. Should be fun!
Cheers
Alex

That sounds like a good vacation to me Alex . I really like the Garmish area of Germany myself and it's not far from where you live ( lucky you ! )

I agree with the shopping experience not being kind to men . On the other hand I recently had an older gentleman that was sitting there when I arrived how quick my wife had managed to accomplish her shopping :rotf Good wife (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Hi guys,

So I managed to get some bench time before leaving, and this is as far as I have gotten. I need to sand and prime the aperture in the fuselage more before it becomes acceptable.

Comments and Critiques always welcome! ;)

Thanks for looking. See you in 2 weeks!

Cheers

Alex
hb0ed6e9.JPG

he0b7a1a.JPG

hb3cf5cf.JPG

hef56008.JPG

had03fb2.JPG

h91b5263.JPG

h9797b6b.JPG

Hello dear friends,

I hope you are all well. :zen

Sorry it took me a bit longer to post new pics, I have been swamped at work and the bench has suffered some major neglect lately.

However, I did manage to get some interior painting + weathering finished. Still a bit much, I reckon that I should further dilute the solutions, but it is better than before. I am happy. ;)

Thanks for comments and critiques.

Cheers,

Alex

h62ee56c.JPG

hc07b66f.JPG

h9d15a2b.JPG

hd0357be.JPG

hc61a072.JPG

h880405c.JPG

h90acd9e.JPG

hcf91893.JPG

Looks like this one is ready for assembly since everything has been doctored up :rotf ... :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

:eek:ldguy Get your self a conical shape thingy and wrap some sand paper around it ,
insert it from inside into the big opening you made on the fuselage and start twisting it .
You wil see ......you get a really nice circle shaped opening.

Other than this ,the build / paint looks good (y)

Thanks, Christian and Piet.

That is a very good idea, I will try and come out with something conical to attach the sand paper.

It is amazing how steep my learning curve has become since I have joined this forum...IMHO of course! :blush:

Back