• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mitsubishi G4M2A Type 1 Model 24 "BETTY"

Dear friends

Many thanks for your comments and encouragement.

I think I am done. It is not yet perfect, but there are some major accomplishments that I hadn't dreamed of achieving in the past. I may have overdone it a bit (as usual, actually a lot), but still the chipping looks IMHO more realistic now. I am quite pleased. You can see the Betty together with a Zero which will be a part of a diorama I will be assembling next - just waiting for some temples to arrive from Japan!

Once again, thanks for looking and please send me your critique and comments - I consider them invaluable.

Best regards,

Alex

P.S. Do I get a Badge??? :laugh:

hc1c6abf.JPG

h36dc327.JPG

h7616c85.JPG

h1151b63.JPG

h0ab8095.JPG

h2da0fb3.JPG

h114b241.JPG

h40197dc.JPG

h892eb14.JPG

hb969598.JPG

Post it up on the Completed builds threads and I'll hook you up with your first ribbon. Well done! (y)

:woohoo: Ooooh, I like it a lot (y)

Who's to say it is overdone or not. Some of their birds that survived the war looked very ragged . They did not get that way overnight.

Good job Alex (y) Cheers, Christian B)

Thank you so much guys. It really means a lot coming from you.
Lots of things learned, next one will be better. Now I am in campaign mode :)

Quick dumb question: where is the finished builds thread? Under each campaign or in the general forum?

Cheers

Alex

Quick dumb question: where is the finished builds thread? Under each campaign or in the general forum?

Cheers

Alex

Just sit tight Alex, Some one'll come along & start a Completion Thread shortly... So, CORNgrats on completing your build. She's definitely a beauty! :drinks

Cheers

Alex

Not only your first Campaign Ribbon but you're the first to finish Bomber Command. (y)

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/bomber-command-ii/151373-bomber-command-completed-builds

Sometimes the first one done will start the thread, if one of us on the staff hasn't done it yet. Have at it Alex. (y)

Thanks again everyone!

I am posting the finished pics in the completed section.

Now I have my sights on 4 other campaigns: Naval Aviation (with an A6M2b Zero), Learning curve (Tachikawa Ki-30), Ship Builders (IJN Akagi in 1/700) and Torpedo. In this last one I wanted to build an SM.79 but there is already an entry for that model. Is that a problem?

Anyways thank you very much. Modelling has never been this fun before.

Cheers

Alex

Thanks again everyone!

Now I have my sights on 4 other campaigns: Naval Aviation (with an A6M2b Zero), Learning curve (Tachikawa Ki-30), Ship Builders (IJN Akagi in 1/700) and Torpedo. In this last one I wanted to build an SM.79 but there is already an entry for that model. Is that a problem?

Cheers

Alex

Some interesting choices Alex :good: I would say build whatever you want .
There are no lists of specific items . Only gender. Lots of interesting SM.79 paint jobs out there.

If there is a problem , the powers to be will let you know . :smack

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks again everyone!

Cheers

Alex

Some interesting choices Alex :good: I would say build whatever you want .
There are no lists of specific items . Only gender. Lots of interesting SM.79 paint jobs out there.

If there is a problem , the powers to be will let you know . :smack

Cheers, Christian B)

Well said! And all I can add it, Post 'em if ya got 'em!! (y) Check the dates on the campaigns before ya sign up for them... Some are closing soon.

Back